Pages

Apr 14, 2009

Be still my heart

I realize this is my third post of the day, but I could not resist.

I just picked up a phone message from the assistant principal at Zachary's new elementary school. My heart skipped a beat when I heard him say his name, since the message was a couple hours old and I worried something scary had happened. But he quickly assured me everything was fine. The next part of his message just blew me away.

Mr. Fabey was simply calling to tell me that he thinks Zach is wonderful. He had just been out on the playground and witnessed Zachary holding the door open as his class filed in from recess. Zach was being so friendly and polite. Mr. Fabey has apparently heard a lot about Zach in the last couple of weeks, and all of it has been so positive. He thanked me for bringing such a great kid to that school.

And then he hung up, probably having no idea that the mommy who listened to that message would cry for a full ten minutes.

Just yesterday I was moaning to my mom about having a hard day with the kids, and she assured me that the pay days would come. This one came sooner than I expected.

7 comments:

granny said...

Sweet! See, it happens. Tell Z I am proud of him.

The Wizzle said...

This is totally awesome.

I had one of those "paydays" last week too, and it's amazing how just one of them can go a long way toward taking the edge off the "bad" stuff (maybe because they have to!)

Emma said...

what a sweet boy! And the recognition is icing on the cake!

LittleG said...

That's my boy!!!

Carroll Conversations said...

What an awesome pay day! So glad this new school is seeing the wonderful kid that Zachary really is.

Grandma said...

Boy, people's attitude sure make a difference. I've always known what a stellar grandson we have so it's nice to see other people recognize it.

justbecky said...

Heidi,
I was amazed to read about your saga of deciding to switch schools with Zach. We really need to do a better job of staying in touch. We went through the same agonizing decision with Joseph last fall. It was the absolute best decision we could have made. He is so happy now! (Which means we are all a lot happier now!) I'm so glad that Zach is doing well and has found a school with such positive reinforcement. Congrats!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share