Pages

Apr 3, 2009

A post from the couch

For those of you who might have thought my April Fools Day post was a joke: it wasn't. Premature labor is threatening, and I'm spending a lot of time on the couch.

As a result of my new lifestyle, our laptop computer now lives on the family room end table, and when Gavin is sleeping (and occasionally when he's not), I amuse myself with email, blogging, Blurbing, and computer-based ward activity planning/delegation. [A ward talent show is scheduled for next Friday; my committee is doing nearly everything now that I'm out of commission.]

I've also made my first forays into digital scrapbooking. It's pretty fun. I'm not sure I'm thrilled with some of these first attempts, but that's always the case with my paper pages, too. For what it's worth, here are the first few pages of Gavin's second-year album. (Click to enlarge.)




If you follow this blog, you've seen all these pictures and read the stories before!
Something compels me to rehash things in different formats...but I'm always glad to have an organized archive when I'm done!

8 comments:

granny said...

I'm glad to hear you are taking it easy. Keep it up and post all you want. :) The pages look great!

The Wizzle said...

Whatever it takes so you don't lose your mind! :)

What does Gavin think of the new routine?

Trinette McCrary said...

So when can I come clean your house? I can also make you freezer meals to stock your freezer.

angiedunn said...

you are even productive from the couch! amazing! love love love the pages. you have such the cutest family.

take care, sister.

Katy said...

Bedrest was hard. With baby #2(olivia) I was on full bedrest. I had to take terbutaline in pill form every 6 hours. Even during the night. I had ladys from the ward coming over a help with my 18month old (samantha) at home. I had a really good friend set it up that way only people I was really good friends with came over. They would help put Samantha down for a nap, and get her up. It really turned out to be a lot of fun. We would make bows, talk, sometime they would take the kids to the park while I rested. It was great having friends over all day. My friend who came over the most still talks about how much fun that time was. I also had dinner brought every other day because Brian was working till 6:30 everyday. I even had people come over and paint my nursery!!! My mom did come out (I have no family close by) and stay for a week it was really nice.
With baby #3 (Anabelle) I was only on light duty. Mostly I just took it easy, we wacthed a lot of TV, and I didn't do any house work. I drank a lot of water. I sent my girls over to play with friends a lot. I had planned ahead and had a lot of meals in the freezer. Luckily it didn't last that long.
I delivered all my babys (even samantha and I didn't have any bedrest with her) at 37 weeks. Technically full turn. None of them had to go to the NICU. Baby girls fare better perterm, so you have that going for you.
Really the worst part for me on bedrest was accepting help. Now is the time to call in favors, and if you feel werid doing it, ask a friend to do it for you.
The most important thing right now is making sure this baby makes it to at least 36 weeks.

Grandma said...

Way cute pictures. I love digital scrapbooking. It makes everything so nice. Great job!

Shanell said...

I've been catching up with some tears and smiles. I'm glad that all is well for the time being. I've never had bed rest, but I know you and know that is hard! Good luck. I am also so very pleased with your scrapbooking! Did I tell you about ikeagoddess.blogspot.com? I couldn't remember but she always has free stuff and always has a section of templates! That is what I love. I just can't ever be pleased with my own layouts, but I love to take someone elses and play with it.

Sarah Jane said...

Love the digital scrapbooking! Very cute! Hope you do okay on bedrest - I know it's harder than it sounds. Wishing you the best. SJ

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share