Pages

Apr 25, 2009

Happy Valentines Day to me

This year my thoughtful hubby gave me a most excellent Valentines Day present: a gift certificate for a pedicure. I told him I'd save it until I was hugely pregnant, couldn't reach my feet, and my tootsies were in a sad state.

Since my swollen feet are sore most of the time now and my nail polish is perpetually chipped, I opted to schedule my pampering appointment for this morning. Ooooh...it did not disappoint!

While Garry was braving 39-degree Portland-style weather to build a gate and the boys ran about like hooligans, I sat in a warm and cozy massage chair and let a kind soul soak, scrub, and rub my feet. As Garry dealt with naps and snacks and broken vacuums, I relaxed and enjoyed every second of my quiet, peaceful hour in the salon. Ah, bliss.

Because I've been pampered like this before, I expected to enjoy this little indulgence. What's not to love about foot rubs and professionally painted toenails? But today I reveled in an additional luxury: conversing with a real live adult human, one-on-one, for an hour. It was absolutely lovely.

So Garry, thank you....from the bottom of my toes all the way up to my heart.

7 comments:

granny said...

Ah, that sounds just delightful! Glad you enjoyed it so much. And congrats on having an adult human who could converse in the same language at a salon. :) Never happens to me, but I enjoy the experience nevertheless. Haha

rachbechep said...

sounds like pure enjoyment!
take me with you next time, won't ya?!

Lyon Pride said...

How fun! I LOVE pedicures!

Carroll Conversations said...

Those tootsies look be-a-u-tiful! They don't really look swollen either, you lucky girl. Now if you want to see swollen, let's talk. I won't even post a picture they look so sad. A pedicure sounds divine. I'm so glad you used your present at this perfect time. Enjoy!

Colleen said...

Very cute tootsies, Heidi! I love that color! I am glad you got a little spoiled yesterday. You deserve it girl!

Grandma said...

I love pedicures too. I just had one a couple of weeks ago. It felt great. Your toes look all happy. It was great Garry did that for you. I'm sure the boys had a blast playing outside while dad worked.

The Wizzle said...

Sounds like it came at just the right time! A pedicure can cheer up almost any down mood - I got one on my due date with Iris when there was no baby in sight, and it worked to cheer me up too.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share