Pages

Feb 9, 2009

Gone with the Wind

This is not a post about Scarlett O'Hara.



It is a post about trash and recycling cans getting blown over by gale-force winds at nine o'clock in the morning. It is a post about being grateful that at least the garbage had been collected so only the semi-clean recycling had to be plucked from bushes and trees and the neighbor's back yard. It is a post about being grumpy that as soon as Gavin wakes up I have to take the kids out in the wind and on to Wal-mart because Tyler has the preschool snack tomorrow and we only have one diaper in the house.

And that is all.

6 comments:

Colleen said...

The thought, "I'm glad it's not trash day," did flitter through my mind this morning! Sorry about the mess, but like you said, at least it was just the recycling! I hope this afternoon is a bit more relaxing, and finds you indoors, out of the wind.

LittleG said...

Just as an interesting FYI, I checked Weather.com and according to that website, the winds are a sustained 43mph with gusts up to 56mph! Walking in to work from my car I almost lost my coat to a gust of wind! It's crazy windy!

Shaina said...

I hate the wind.

granny said...

Wow, that is a wind! We have breezes and showers right now...even thunder and lightening yesterday...but nothing like that! Brrrrrrr.

girlygirl said...

Wind...like the worst feature in the weather repertoire. It has been gushing through here also. It almost blew my freshly-finished art project out of my hands and down the street. Thankfully, I clung onto it. I'm sorry about your garbage clean-up duty. That was probably super-fun. :) I hope you have a better day!

Emmy Z. said...

Yes, it's pretty windy in Kansas too. Wind is my least favorite - I agree with Chassie.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share