Pages

Jan 13, 2010

Three reasons

Tyler has spent the afternoon sitting at the desk next to me. I am selecting hymns for Relief Society singing and Tyler is alternately coloring and playing with Lexi. Much to his chagrin, he has lost all electronics privileges until he can locate the magnet that opens the media cabinet downstairs. He's not very happy about a life without electronic entertainment.

However, this development has offered the opportunity for more talking. Tyler just prompted a conversation that made me laugh.


"Mom, I have three reasons for staying in Colorado and three reasons for moving to Arizona. Want to hear them?"

Of course I wanted to hear them!

"The three reasons for staying are: One, my friends. [Pause.] Hm. I can't remember the other two. And the three reasons for going are: One, all the rest of my family is there like cousins and stuff. Two, it's
HOT. And three....will I get my electronics back?"

10 comments:

angiedunn said...

one reason why tyler's the cutest thing ever: his dimple.

omg, he's adorable.

Johnson Family said...

such a cute kid!!!!! I love how you recorded the conversation.. that will be priceless years later!!!

granny said...

I'm very flattered we made the same list as getting the electronics back!

And I'm glad he's glad it is hot.

Cute boy.

Julz said...

lol funny

girlygirl said...

What a great conversation! I love those kind!

Adrianna said...

He must be 5... Sterling is in love with his electronics also. The Wii is his pseudo best friend and he tries to fight me for the computer. We wins more than I'd like...
I do love that dimple! :)

The Wizzle said...

Ha! That is pretty much their little brains in a nutshell, isn't it?

Unknown said...

So cute! I love talking with kids. Congrats on the Cub award.

maynardmoments said...

Gotta love those conversations with kiddos. Here's to finding that magnet.

Chelsea said...

Because of Google Reader, I am the worst commenter, but have been meaning for days to click on over and say YEAH For Yo Gabba Gabba! I am glad Gavin has such a love for it as we do :)

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share