Pages

Jan 17, 2010

Eight months



Lexi turned eight months old yesterday. Eight. That seems like a big number.

To show that she's really growing up, Lexi got her first two teeth this week. They are both on the bottom, and they made her miserable. To celebrate her 2/3-of-a-year birthday, Lexi also got a wicked cold, complete with a green, goopy nose and a raspy cough. Her little voice is pretty hoarse. Poor baby. If you look closely at these pictures, you'll see that her nose is all red. We have rubbed it raw with tissues.



Sweet Lexi is generally happy and mellow. She loves to move these days, and can navigate quite well from a seated position on the floor! She has begun pulling herself up to things (mostly just to her knees) but has stood up to laundry baskets and her crib rail. No crawling yet.



We discovered this week that Lexi won't take a bottle anymore. What a bummer! This limits my evening freedom quite a bit, so I hope her refusal is temporary. I have started spreading out her feedings with my eye on weaning in May. Lexi's sleep training is going well. She usually only wakes once a night now and falls asleep on her own. What a good baby!

8 comments:

The Wizzle said...

She looks so grown up! Poor little nose. And I loooooooove her outfit Love.

Danielle said...

happy 8 months lexi! she is so gorgeous and growing up way too fast! do you have boys knocking at the door already for her? :)

Anonymous said...

Cute booties! *wink wink!*

granny said...

Those blue eyes reached out and grabbed my heart. Love her.

granny said...

P.S. She might not be up for the bottle because of the cold. Let's hope.

Grandma said...

What a precious baby girl. She's growing up way too fast. I'm so sorry she's sick. I hope she gets better soon. What a dolly! Happy 8 months Lexi! I've been gone and just got home tonight.

Trinette McCrary said...

Wow! 8 months old. She is such a cutie and I can tell she has brought your family so much joy!

Anonymous said...

hey heidi! THank you so much for your comments on my blog! I love them and appreciate you taking time to leave them:). You're wonderful! So, your little girl is darling and her slippers!!!! Where did you get those??? I want some of my own.

The talk by Elder Holland is called "However Long and Hard the Road". I love him!

Good luck with the moving preparations. I always do that, fix up my house to get ready to sell and decide i love it too much. You suddenly remember all of the memories attached to every project, mark on the wall, spot on the carpet, ahhhh...it's hard. i can't wait to see what is next. i'm sure it will be amazing;). love to you! nat

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share