Pages

Jan 9, 2010

Funny boy, sweet baby

Gavin has this thing with his diapers. It's simultaneously hilarious and annoying.



See the two styles that come in the Kirkland box? Gavin will only wear the style on the left -- the diaper with the little birdie on the front. Only about a third of the 168 diapers in the box have birdies. I'm not sure what will happen when the birdies are gone. I might have to get out a marker and add birdies to those that remain.

Gavin has also become obsessed with Yo Gabba Gabba on TV. I'll admit that I really like this show myself, and not just because Gavin will sit and watch an entire episode while I get ready in the morning. Gavin, aka Mr. Complete Sentences, will ask, "Can I watch Yo Gabba in your bed?" I almost always agree.



In other news, Lexi cut her first tooth this week! Teeth are on the list of slow-to-come developments that haven't worried me a bit. I'm happy about the delay for my own comfort, but I do look forward to the adorable change in her smile. I think her second tooth will arrive shortly.

Lexi has also begun to pull herself up to things. First it was the laundry basket, then a moving box, and last night, her crib rail. Time to move the mattress down!



I'm happy to see her grins in the crib, since last week I introduced the cry-it-out routine at bedtime. Unlike her siblings, Lexi caught on quickly. On the first night she cried for half an hour, but within a few days she hardly fussed at all at bedtime. A few times she has gone to sleep without a peep! The sound machine she got for Christmas might be helping. She sleeps from about 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. with one or two interruptions. We'll work on the night feedings eventually...baby steps to better sleep!

9 comments:

JulSH said...

I read about Go Yabba Yabba in the newspaper that comes with the Church News a few months back.

BTW, I was thinking the other day about your debates over what to name your girl. "Lexi" is a perfect fit for her!

angiedunn said...

YGG is where it's at.

good job doin' cry it out lex!!!! teach your cousin, k?

Danielle said...

ethan's obsessed too. although unfortunately for him, we don't have the channel so he's stuck watching the same episode over and over again with occasional interventions from the library. I love that he snuggles up in your bed to watch it-which i'm sure you do love! trouble free time!!! unless of course he decides to have his diaper leak in your bed and blame it on the birds-in which case, happy sleeping heidi!

Colleen said...

Those teeth aren't late at all! I only had one boy who got any teeth before the week of his first birthday. She's right on schedule...and it's extra nice for the feeding. I love the two year old brain. Luke has things like that that he is particular about too. It's so funny! Good luck with the birdie drawings!

Carroll Conversations said...

Start drawing birdies. Too funny. I think this week we'll finally rearrange the toy room and make room to put up a crib for Ethan. Guess he deserves to be out of the port-a-crib by now. In his defense, the port-a-crib is a pretty big one. =)

Amanda said...

The diaper thing made me laugh--my 3 yr. old is STILL in diapers. And, she likes the ones with the squares. Too bad we're not closer--we could trade!

Anonymous said...

We taught Lily how to fall asleep on her own and in her crib this week, too! Success at our home, too. Sleep is nice to have again!

Johnson Family said...

Your kiddos are sooo cute!! Your daughter looks soo cute in her crib!! She is growing up so fast!! I am enjoying following your search for "joy" this year... it looks like it is coming along just fine!!

Grandma said...

Gavin is so cute! I love to hear him talk. Glad he has a good show he likes to watch. That is good for you. Lexi is so adorable. She's growing up way too fast though. Slow down Lexi.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share