Pages

Feb 17, 2012

Second chances

I've been thinking a lot about what I was doing a year ago.  It wasn't pretty.  This time last year, my PICC line was infected and I was headed for a high fever and a week in the hospital.  I was so worried about my 13-weeks-gestation little baby.  I'm pretty grateful today for my happy, healthy, roly-poly, almost-six-month-old daughter!



Here are a few belated pictures from the final portion of Tyler's birthday: his "super 8" little pizzas (Tyler's choice for his birthday dinner) and his scrumptious ice cream cake (yes, he chose purple icing).




Garry spoiled me with a dozen roses for Valentine's Day.  I reciprocated with a kitchen knife and a heart-shaped chicken pot pie for dinner.


  

The latest iteration of cooperative bath time includes Kate in a bathing chair.  She loves it.


I'm down to a two-week wait to see the endocrinologist in Denver.  In the mean time, I'm glad to be experiencing far fewer side-effects from my latest drug experiment.  It's always a good thing when I don't have to send an SOS text from the kitchen floor.

And finally, the kind assistant director of TAG at the school district has agreed to re-evaluate Gavin for kindergarten on February 27th.  Since Gavin came down with a fever right after his ill-fated testing session, she was persuaded that the initial interview was not optimal.  We are thrilled for the second chance.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay for everything--everything but especially the med working and Gavin's reevaluation! You and he will be in my prayers.

Colleen said...

Fantastic! I had read the sad day post on my phone, which doesn't allow me to comment easily with the word verification thing, and my heart was so sad for you all! I am so glad a second chance is around the corner and that your endo appointment is finally seeming closer!

Melanie said...

You know, for all the weighty challenges, you certainly have a beautiful home and darling children! You're doing a great job, Heidi!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your appointment is on the near horizon! Boy. If that can get under control I bet everything else will seem like a breeze suddenly!

Can't wait to hear how it goes for Gavin. I truly do believe it will work out for the best, but I sure do hate the process and the unknown in the meantime.

Grandma said...

Cute little tub bathers! Yea for Gavin's second chance. Also, yea for your two week wait. Hopefully you'll get some answers soon.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share