Pages

Feb 27, 2012

All smiles



This boy is not going to kindergarten in the fall.  His second round of testing went badly today.  As Gavin fidgeted and fussed during his appointment, I sat in the corner and watched all hopes of early kindergarten fly out the window.  Of course Gavin was oblivious to the fact that his behavior during that hour was limiting his scholastic potential for the next year (at least).  He was just smiling and having a great time--until he wasn't having a great time anymore, and then we left.  He happily skipped into preschool without a care in the world.

Say what you will about boys needing more time to mature, and pushing education before the student is ready, and letting kids be kids.  I know all about it.  I also know that Garry and I had a very specific, very pointed prompting to help Gavin apply for the Early Access program. Apparently God has another plan for Gavin now, and it's our job to figure out that plan.  

Until we do, I'm comforted by Gavin's two-dimpled grins and nap time cuddles.  Things will be okay. I know one four-year-old who thinks so, anyway.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Oh dear! I am so sorry, Heidi. I thought it would be such a good idea for Gavin too. I am sure there is another plan in the works for him. There is no doubt, with the past year and a half since Kate's conception, that your family is nestled snugly in the palm of Heavenly Father's hand. Does he still have Briargate as a preschool option?

Dig It the Musical! said...

Good thing he is so darn cute. (o: I hate when things are so confusing like that. I'm sure it will all make sense some day . . . that's what I always tell myself. This is Jen Preece BTW - I forgot Google thinks I am my musical blog.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what I want to say is "it will be as it should be", but that's so hard to hear when things aren't going the way you want them to, and thought they would go, and it doesn't convey how I really feel.

But it *will* be as it should, and I hope that makes itself evident soon, and definitively.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share