Pages

Feb 4, 2012

Random bits

At 7:00 Monday morning, I was blissfully asleep in my bed.  Tyler came into my room, and before I could coherently respond to his urgent, "Mom, Mom, Mom...." he started smacking my forehead to get my attention.  Once I opened my eyes, he told me that the glass cover on Gavin's bedroom light fixture had somehow come loose, dropped onto a wooden step stool below, and shattered all over the room.  What a lovely wake-up call!

*

A few weeks ago, I discovered three of my children running on the treadmill at the same time.  I confiscated the key and hid it from their view.  The trouble was that an hour later, I could not remember where I had put it.  Since that time, we have searched high and low for the key with no luck.  We have been using a heavy-duty magnet to make the treadmill work, but I have been so frustrated about the missing key.  Yesterday, while on the phone with my mom, I sat in the office chair and spun towards the door.  From that vantage point, I happened to look into the linen closet, the door to which was open across the  hall.  There, on the top shelf, was the treadmill key!

*

Kate and Lexi currently wear the same size of diapers (3).  One of them needs to be potty-trained.  Any volunteers?

*

At dinner last night, Gavin reported that he played "shoot some ladders" with the babysitter.  He winned three times in a row.

*

An excerpt from Gavin's recent dinner prayer: "Please strengthen Dad to appreciate his work."

*

On our way home from Nevada in November, we stopped at a Walmart somewhere in Southern Utah.  I ran in to buy something and happened upon some BYU slap bracelets.  I thought they would make fun stocking stuffers, so I bought five.  Today, while searching for something in the van, I found the bag of bracelets, which I had stuffed into the glove box.  Oops!  I guess we'll put them in the kids' Easter baskets instead.

*

Garry asked the kids what they want to be when they grow up.

Tyler: A volcanologist.
Zach: A video gamer.
Lexi: A Dad with a lawnmower.
Gavin: A Dad who mows lawns.  And I'll do the laundry if you are too busy.

Later, Zach asked, "If we have another baby sister, can we name her Charlie?"  That's just funny on so many levels....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always put things in stupid, random places - and the worst part is, while I am putting them there, I think to myself "this is a bad place. Why am I putting this here? I won't remember this later."

But then I think "no, I WILL remember this later now, because I just had this whole conversation with myself."

...I never remember. Gotta stop doing that.

Glad you found your key!

Rob and Marseille said...

i love all the random comments!

angiedunn said...

haha love it! random bit: myron suggested the name charlie [short for charlotte] for a girl name. :)

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share