Pages

Feb 14, 2012

Sad day

For those who were rooting for Gavin's early acceptance into kindergarten, we have bad news.

The evaluation committee liked Gavin's portfolio and selected him for ability testing. Testing happened today. Although he was happy and excited when I left him in the testing room, Gavin freaked out during his evaluation.  He jumped on a chair and started throwing things and eventually ran screaming from the room.  I still haven't been able to get him to tell me what happened--or why.

Garry and I are completely mystified at Gavin's response.  It's kind of like swimming lessons last summer.  We thought he would thrive, but instead he ran the other direction. We are devastated, and are certainly wondering what purpose all of this has in Gavin's progression.

At this point, we are praying for second chances.  As things stand now, we are at the end of the road with Gavin's application.  No kindergarten next year for him.

What now?

6 comments:

betsy said...

Hindsight is always 20/20. I wish you were already there and could have some clarity into all this. I am sorry. This may sound cliche, but it will all work out for the best. You and Garry are such awesome people and wonderful parents. I am sorry for your frustration and worry. We'll say some extra prayers for you!

Love to you.

Betsy

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Betsy!

Shaina said...

oh, that's a huge letdown for you! I hope something equally amazing will happen for him (you).

granny said...

Just caught up on the blog. Such great posts. Sorry about the testing. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall. Something will work out...maybe even something better!

Shannon said...

Where doors close, windows open. Keep praying and the right thing will happen for your cute boy.

Melanie said...

I think you're right on about the need for a 4 yr old to be sitting in a little chair where his feet are on the floor. I'm pulling for a successful 2nd try!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share