Pages

Feb 3, 2012

The Happiness Project: February

I'm a little slow getting my February goals in gear, but better late than never, right?  This month's resolutions are well-timed.  As I am struggling to keep my chin above water, my family relationships are suffering.  It's a good time for Mommy boot camp.

This month's theme is "Connect with kids."  I chose a Louise Hay quote as a sub-theme: "I allow the playful child within me to emerge and have fun."  Yes, I'm a weirdo; having fun does not come naturally to me.  I'm also not the Mom who loves working puzzles and doing crafts and playing Chutes and Ladders.  This month I will work on that, especially with my preschoolers.

My kid-focused goals include: read out loud daily; play on the floor; cultivate a soothing, happy voice; pray for each child individually; praise success; make time for one-on-one.  Hopefully as these new habits become ingrained, we will all be happier!

3 comments:

maynardmoments said...

Awesome goals! I agree that sometimes "playing" doesn't always come naturally. It sure does make a difference though.

Anonymous said...

Those are SUCH good resolutions. I could use them all myself.

Rob and Marseille said...

i need to remember this!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share