Pages

Sep 3, 2009

Saintly...or insane?

Last week, Garry's boss at Wells Fargo announced that Garry had accumulated too much PTO and needed to take a few days off. He couldn't take a massive holiday vacation, and he had too many vacation days to roll over to 2010.

So Garry emailed me and told me his plan: he would take Thursday and Friday off this week
and potty-train Gavin.

I'll let you digest that for a minute.

Despite the fact that Gavin has been showing ALL of the signs of readiness for about three months, I have balked at the notion of potty-training. No way, no how, not me, not now. In other words: it ain't happenin' any time soon. I absolutely cannot commit right now.

But apparently Garry can.


Armed with training pants, juice and goldfish crackers, M&M rewards, and a great deal of fortitude, Garry has tackled the beast. At this moment in time, Garry is reading stories and singing songs while Gavin sits on the pot. Gavin has had four successes and three accidents in the last three hours -- a ratio in favor of success, for now.



I, for one, am hiding in the basement. I want nothing to do with it until Gavin is accident-free.

I might be here for a few months.
Post a Comment

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share