Pages

Sep 24, 2009

Talk therapy & walk therapy

I couldn't let that ugly post hang out in cyberspace too long without a follow-up.

First of all, I enjoyed all of your validating comments! Apparently I'm not the only one who has fallen victim to the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. And while I know my life is not the only crazy one out there, it's easy to get caught up in the drama within the walls of my home (and heart), to think that my wild child is the only wild child in the universe, and to believe that no one could possibly understand the intensity of my emotions.

Luckily, I'm blessed with friends and family who help me find my perspective. Just today, there were friends on the phone and friends in my Inbox. Friends on my couch and friends on the sidewalk. Friends that were once my day-to-day, shoulder-to-shoulder girls, but whose support now lives on through blogs and emails and Facebook. Tonight there were even friends at the dinner table. I've been thinking today how blessed I am to have this support network, to know that even though it's hard for me to pick up the phone and say, "Help!" I could do it, and get help, in a heartbeat.

So thank you, dear friends! I love you.

Now.

Today was a much better day than yesterday. Part of it was that I had different expectations. Part of it was that I cleaned my house and hosted playgroup. (A clean house is good for the soul, in my opinion, and talking to women is incredibly therapeutic, even if you aren't discussing what ails.) And part of it was that I took a walk.



It was a cool day, but at 2:00, I think that Gavin, Lexi, and I caught the best part of it. We were all kind of grumpy, but a brisk jaunt around the neighborhood set things right again.

And I got to enjoy these faces, plus two more.



Note to self: Take more pictures of Tyler and Garry.

The end.

7 comments:

Colleen said...

I love it. All of it. It's definitley true for me right now too!

Grandma said...

I'm glad today is better. Lexi looks adorable in that picture. I can't wait to see her and the rest.

The Wizzle said...

A clean house is definitely good for the soul! And your kids are gorgeous. Lexi is practically begging me to eat her!

Lars said...

Lexi's smile and expressions are truly heart melting. So adorable. They boys are charming as well. Happy moments, hours and days...aahhh! The joy!

maynardmoments said...

Friends and a clean house...who could as for more! Thanks for hosting play group at your house...you are brave.

granny said...

Happy things are looking up! We all have some of those days, don't worry.

GinaJ said...

I'm glad you didn't quit and move to Australia. Today, I am tempted to move to Australia. But I think if I can just make it to bedtime, I'll survive another day.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share