Pages

May 19, 2009

Birth Day

It's hard to believe our sweet baby is finally here. Quite honestly, I'm still in shock. But sleepless nights and tantrumming toddlers will jolt me to reality soon enough.

Garry edited all these photos for blog postage -- thanks, honey!

Lexi's birthday time line went like this:

6:30 a.m. OK, baby girl. Today would be perfect. Hey...was that a contraction? I better take a shower.
9:00 a.m. Maybe I ought to start paying attention to these twinges.
9:57 a.m. Garry, get a pen. Where's your watch? These are different than Tuesday.
11:00 a.m. Really? Every three minutes? Sixty seconds each? Hm. Where's the pain? It can't be the real deal without hardcore pain.
12:00 p.m. I actually have to breathe through some of these. I wonder...
12:30 p.m. Garry, get your stuff ready.
12:45 p.m. Are you ready yet? I think it's time.
1:00 p.m. Let's pose by the door and record the fact that I'm wearing pajamas.



1:10 p.m. Hey, receptionist. Just because I'm calm doesn't mean you can ignore me.
1:20 p.m. Nurse, please don't send me home. Tell me this is real.
1:27 p.m. Nurse Tammy: Um, HELLO! Seven centimeters, girl! Hang on while I admit you.
1:35 p.m. Garry, will you madly text everyone with my cervical status? Give me a high five while you're at it. This rocks.
1:45 p.m. Isn't this gown fabulous? Where's the anesthesiologist?
1:55 p.m. Is the IV insertion supposed to hurt more than the contractions? I think not.
2:00 p.m. Hey, Dr. Fox. You're my best friend. Let the numbing begin.



2:20 p.m.
Hey, Dr. Christenson. Is that cat hair all over your shirt? Please put on a gown before you break my water.
2:30 p.m. Garry, will you madly text everyone again?
2:40 p.m. I think this baby is coming very soon. Like soon.
2:47 p.m. Dr. Christenson: I think you've got four or five pushes. Nurse Tammy: I think this is a one-push girl.
2:48 p.m. I'm with Tammy - here she comes!
2:49 p.m. Welcome to the world, baby girl! Is it possible that you're really here?





...

3:00 p.m. So, Baby, what's your name?

...

5:30 p.m. Hey, Granny! Hey, boys! Come meet your little sister! No, she doesn't have a name yet. What do you think it should be?







5:45 p.m. Thank you for rubbing my feet, Tyler. That is very sweet. And yes, I'm feeling o.k.
6:15 p.m. See you tomorrow, kiddos. Love you. Thanks, Granny.

...

8:00 p.m. So, Baby, what's your name?

...

11:30 p.m. How about Alexis, honey? Alexis Paige it is. Happy Birthday, Lexi.

13 comments:

Shaina said...

That's fabulous. We are all thankful for the facebook updates and the texts. So glad it went quickly and smoothly!

The Wizzle said...

Hooray! I love birth timelines. :) I should have done one for Iris, it was hilarious.

She's gorgeous, so glad she has a name, and so glad you're done being pregnant! Yea!

Unknown said...

Glad everything went so smoothly. She is precious. I hope your recovery is quick.

Vicki said...

Sounds like everything went pretty smooth. Good job Heidi! She's beautiful!

Emmy Z. said...

How exciting! I love your pictures.

Carroll Conversations said...

Love the time line and the pictures. Congratulations and keep the pictures coming.

Kate said...

She's adorable. My mom and I keep forgetting to send a package, which we have the goods for. Maybe we'll remember this week!

girlygirl said...

Congrats Heidi! She's so beautiful!

Raegan said...

You made it sound so simple & painless. If only...
Congrats!

Emma said...

Wow that was quick. Love it!! Beautiful little family! Welcome Alexis.

Grandma said...

Well at least the labor part is a breeze. You deserve it for having such a hard time 9 months prior.

Kari said...

Ok, I can't imagine a baby coming that quickly. That's fabulous. Congratulations! What a wonderful way to remember a very special day.

Lars said...

What a great keepsake of this new adventure & life.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share