Pages

May 12, 2009

New morning ritual

Until the baby comes, Tyler, Gavin and I have one thing on the daily agenda:


If long walks don't induce labor, at least we're enjoying the sunshine and getting some exercise. Gavin is already hooked; whenever we go out now he runs to the stroller and tries to climb in. He'll get his wish come summer...I have grand plans for this post-baby body that involve the double stroller.

But I digress.

Our basic modus operandi involves Tyler scooting at lightning speed down a path with me walking behind a fair stretch. Then he stops and rests or plays or explores while I catch up.




Tyler is [mostly] in charge of choosing the direction we go. Yesterday was just perfect, but today I let him choose a longer route that took us about three miles and up a giant hill...we both got pretty tired! I did tease him for not being able to keep up with me on the hill, despite my very pregnant self pushing a stroller...while he rode a scooter! After the hill we ended up like this:



An extra perk is talking to Tyler when he wants to walk or scoot slowly along beside me. Today he offered these gems:

"Did you know that baby hippopotamuses have to swim as soon as they are born? That's because they are born
under water. I'm glad I didn't have to do that! I'm not a hippopotamus! I was just born in a hospital!"

and

"If we didn't have a broom, we'd have to get a dog or a cat to clean up our floor."

And when we got home today, we discovered several new tulip blossoms in the front planter (a bunch bloomed in the back last week). Hooray for color!



I guess it wouldn't be so bad to be pregnant a while longer...
if every day can start like this!

10 comments:

Lisa Hutchings said...

Looks like a fun adventure! Tyler is getting so tall! Sarah loved seeing the picture of him!

Carroll Conversations said...

Oh if only every day could be like this! You are going to walk this baby out! Impressive, 3 miles!

The Wizzle said...

Oh, so sweet. Long walks are awesome. Walking, lots of time spent on your feet, all those contractions...everything's just working Baby Girl into place so she can com on out nice and easy one of these days. :)

Dan and Katie said...

How fun! Can't wait for your little girl to make her appearance...That means I still have time to get the present I have has sitting on my counter for a month at least over to you!!

Colleen said...

What a perfect way to start the day! Hopefully all that motion will get baby girl moving along!

granny said...

Love seeing the tulips! Thanks for the visual. Hopefully before long I can see them in person!

Shaina said...

You could walk on down to my house and have a lovely visit with my trampoline. :) It'll work. I promise you.

Lars said...

Enjoy that! A toddler who likes staying in the stroller while you walk. I could use one of those...well that quality in my preK-er.

Beautiful flowers. Fun conversations.

The Crazy Girls said...

The boys are getting so big! I miss babysitting for them...they were my little busy-bees and taught me tons of new games! Cant wait to see baby girl Bartle! Tell the boys hi from us all. (Isabel misses Zach and Ty like CRAZY)

Have a good day! Lets hope for a baby soon. (spicy food somemtimes induces labor-- learned that in my childhood development class! )

~Jordyn

girlygirl said...

Looks like you had such a great morning! And your tulips look beautiful!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share