Pages

May 14, 2009

A preschool graduate who knows his ABCs

The other day a cute Oregon mommy friend posted about her daughter's latest kindergarten project. I thought it was so fun that I suggested to Tyler that he make his own version. He was super excited about it and got right to work.

May I now present excerpts from Tyler's ABC Book?
This kid's creativity cracks me up.






"D is for Drum anb brumsticks; E is for Elefint"


"J is for Jack; K is for King"
(Tyler is especially proud of the king drawing)


"L is for Lemonade in a cup; M is for memory card"
(He asked to use the memory card from my camera as a model to copy!)


My personal favorites:
"N is for Nothing; O is for Octopus with a black hat"



"Z is for Zeros"

This afternoon Tyler graduated {summa cum laude, we presume} from Springs Community Church Preschool. It was wonderful to see Tyler reach this milestone. Garry, Gavin, and I attended a special family program and graduation ceremony for his class. The program highlighted songs and adventures from the kids' year. Tyler's singing and actions were just delightful! We also enjoyed the cute caps and gowns an anonymous parent donated for the occasion.







Tyler asks me almost every day how long he has to wait for kindergarten to start.
We think he's ready!

6 comments:

Carroll Conversations said...

Those graduation caps and gowns are so cute! Great job on the A-Z book Tyler. I think I'll have Hailey do one too.

joeyship said...

AWESOME Tyler!!! How darling. What a treasure that is. Be sure you keep it. He'll get such a kick out of it later on............

Grandma said...

Congratulations Tyler!!!!! We're so proud of you. You look mighty handsome in your cap and gown. You look pretty grown up. You did an awesome book too. Thank your mommy for posting it so Grandpa and Grandma can see it too. Maybe some day you'll be a famous author.

Trinette McCrary said...

Way to go Tyler. They grow up way too fast, but sometimes our days feel like they last forever. Funny how that is. Great pictures

maynardmoments said...

I love programs and graduations, especially when they are for preschool and we don't have to start saying goodbye. They are so adorable. The ABC book was pretty cute.

Jen said...

HA! That's so fun - I think they both spelled "elephit" the same way. (o: or close. I liked "nothing" the best. That is cute - I can't believe Ty's almost a Kinder! It's fun to 'catch up' - I've been out of it for a while!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share