Pages

May 21, 2009

What did you learn today?

We're learning a lot about our little girl (and some other stuff) this week, such as...

Bath time can occur at 2 a.m.

Adorable half-smiles can infinitely improve a tired mommy's day.

Tiny babies satisfied after nursing make everything right with the world.
And it is possible for tiny babies to gain four ounces in two days because of moments like this.

Alexis likes sleeping on her right side while wrapped up tight.
And you're right...she looks like she has black eyes.
Apparently going from in-utero to ex-utero in a matter of seconds is a little traumatic.

One non-baby lesson learned this week:
Tricycles can be transported 30 feet high and nestled in tree branches
(presumably by random teenagers looking for a prank...).

And another: vegetable oil has many uses, as seen here.

9 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Ah, I love her tiny eyes peering out from the towel! And what did the boys think of their tricycle in the tree? I can't decide if Devlin would have gotten a kick out of that or burst into tears...

Rosemary T said...

She is soooo adorable.

granny said...

Every day is an adventure, that is for sure. I'm glad I'm sharing in a few of them.

Lyon Pride said...

I'm glad vegetable oil did the trick! Bathtime at 2 am--I hope I don't have to do that :)

MJ said...

What a sweet little face. I think those photos turned me to mush.

Colleen said...

Fun lessons all! That sweet little smile is to die for! I am glad Gavin is unstuck...yipes.

girlygirl said...

Wow - glad Gavin is OK. Alexis is so cute! Sorry about the 2 a.m. bath. Newborns + lack of sleep-Ooo-so my least favorite time. But you seem to handle it so well! Good job!

The Mitchells said...

Congratulations Heidi! What a beautiful baby girl!!

Grandma said...

What a precious darling girl. She's a doll!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share