Pages

Aug 28, 2009

Voice lessons

Miss Alexis has discovered her voice. And her hands. And the fact that she can spin around in a circle on her back. (Lexi reminds me so much of Zachary at this age, but that's another blog post.) I really love hearing her talk -- especially when her vocalizations are an obvious response to my presence.

Today I grabbed the camera when Lexi's cute cooing started. I captured some fun video, which also includes the background noise Tyler made while dishing himself a piece of cake.



Gavin's bedtime routine is nearly always administered by Daddy, and he always sings "Old MacDonald" with a menagerie of animals. As a result, Gavin knows lots of animal sounds. I was thrilled to get footage of his barnyard performance, but it's kind of quiet. Turn up your sound for the best effect!

9 comments:

Mark Dixon said...

Thanks for sharing! Little sounds made me happy.

Grandma said...

How fun for us to hear these precious little spirits! Thanks for always letting us share in the moments! They are so fun for us:)

The Wizzle said...

I think Gavin's favorite is the lion. :) And Lexi's little voice is so sweet! I just love, love, love baby cooing. So much nicer than screeching and crying...

Shaina said...

Those sounds are so sweet. They will love to see that when they are older.

Emma said...

So adorable. Amy was sitting on my lap as we watched Lexi. She was so excited to see a baby. She waved to her, and laughed at her.

granny said...

Oh, they are growing up so fast! Thanks for sharing with us. So, so, so cute. (even the cake dishing up was enjoyed)

Carroll Conversations said...

Hailey watched Lexi's video clip with me and here's our conversation:
H: Mom! That looks like a Bartle, who's blog are you looking at?
Me: Heidi Bartle's blog.
H: Is that Lexi?
Me: Yep.
H: Wo, she looks just like Zachary.
Me: You think so?
H: Ya, look at her mom.
Me: Yes, I think she looks like Zachary too.
H: Isn't she cute?
Me: She is very cute.
H: I think she even sounds like a Bartle.
Me: What do Bartle's sound like?
H: Like that (points to the screen).

There you have it from the mouth of a 5 year old. Lexi definitely belongs with the Bartle clan.

Jeff and Lori said...

Such sweet videos, Heidi! I never get tired of hearing a baby coo and "talk". We sang "Old MacDonald" in nursery today, and Gavin was doing great. He was an especially enthusiastic with the cow. He kept mooing into the next verse! Thanks for sharing :)

JulSH said...

So cute! Reminds me of the good ole days. Love those sounds, but I also remember how hard those days were. Enjoy and remember in 4 years you'll miss the coos, but enjoy the freedom...

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share