Pages

Aug 27, 2009

Resolutions revisited

On my last five consecutive morning walks, I have been musing about my New Year's resolutions. I'm not sure why. I could only remember a few. Since the year is 2/3 done (yes, really), I decided it was a good time to check in and note my progress.

  • Play with my kids more often [working on it]
  • Maintain scripture, prayer, and FHE habits with the kids [success]
  • Continue family fun time [we did, until school started; now it's weekends only]
  • Be content with the present [trying; making progress!]
  • Write a will (and get it notarized/made official) [I have software and a notary]
  • Run in a 5K race (but shoot for a 10K) in September [um, no....not sure what to do here since I'm very far off target]
  • Lose my baby weight by the end of the year [still an attainable goal]
  • Go to sleep in my bed (rather than on the couch) [success - and SO worth it]
  • Watch less television [check!]
  • Develop better personal devotional habits [done - why did it take me 30 years?]
  • Acquire entire three-month supply of food and household items [not even close.]
  • Sanitize and fill water barrels by February 1 [check!]
  • Assemble 72-hour and emergency kits by February 1 [they've been 90% done since February 1]
  • Volunteer at Zachary's school at least once a month [hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....]
  • Publish our 2008 blog via Blurb before the baby is born [done!]
  • Find joy in my daily journey [trying...as always]

So, there they are, for all the world (well, you) to see. I'm doing okay. This little exercise was definitely a wake-up call. I guess I had better get started (again).

7 comments:

Emmy Z. said...

For some reason, I was thinking about my New Years Resolutions this week as well. I don't even want to look them up - I know I've failed. Ha! I'm proud of how many things you've accomplished. Any way you can throw some of your motivation my way?

granny said...

Dear heart, you are doing much better than "OK"....I'd say you are doing fabulously well. Keep up the good work.

Trinette McCrary said...

Wow!! Impressive list-your awesome!

Colleen said...

You are doing pretty darn amazing, Heidi! That is a terrific list with a lot of checks or almost there's! On the very few that you haven't been able to do, you need to definitely cut yourself some slack! I wish I was HALF as good at completing my own resolutions!

Grandma said...

Looks like you're doing great! Congrats!

girlygirl said...

You are amazing Heidi! You go girl! Food storage--I think I have a few tuna cans lying around, and maybe a package of water bottles. Emergency kits? Yeah right! I have a flash light, some scented candles, a few bandaids, and some hard candy. Does that count? :) I might want to consider doing something about that. Especially with the swine flu thing as a possible plague this year. Hmm......

Bethany said...

You're doing wonderfully well Heidi!! Keep up the great work...

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share