Pages

Aug 9, 2009

Full public disclosure

This is the inside of my microwave.


It is disgusting, and has been for a few weeks.
I am hoping that a little public humiliation might motivate me to clean it.
The gross factor has not done so.


So maybe tomorrow, if I feel like tackling nasty things, I might consider
wiping out the microwave,
clipping Zachary's fingernails,
sorting piles of outgrown children's clothing,
making a grocery list,
or plucking my eyebrows.

Or maybe not.
I'll keep you posted.

8 comments:

Reynolds Family said...

My favorite way to clean the microwave is to put lemon juice in a small bowl and heat it up for a minute and then wipe it clean. The acid in the lemon loosens all the gunk and leaves the microwave smelling lemony fresh. Give it a shot!

Jenny said...

The best motivator for me to clean my microwave is to have company over. Nothing like having someone else use it to force you into cleaning it out of shame.

granny said...

LOL. I have a similar list...may we both be motivated.

GinaJ said...

It doesn't actually look THAT bad to me. (Maybe I should be worrying about what that implies...)

Colleen said...

I've been opting for "not" a lot recently too. Hopefully a desire to do some deep cleaning will creep back in with the nesting phase!

Yin said...

meh, that's nothing!

Welcome back from your trip.

Shaina said...

Mine is so much worse.

Emmy Z. said...

I had to smile when I saw the picture. My microwave was in a similar state for quite a while - I always lacked the motivation to clean it. Finally, as I was leaving for vacation last week, I broke down and wiped it out. I've decided that the best way to keep it clean is to NOT use it. We'll see how long that lasts.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share