Pages

Feb 3, 2008

There's no place like home (except Grandma's)


Zachary, Tyler, Gavin, and I had an uneventful trip back to Portland today. Saying good-bye to our Arizona family was hard, but not nearly as traumatic for the boys as I anticipated. Aunt Angie packed special airplane goodie bags for Zach and Tyler that made for a wonderful surprise as soon as we boarded. And then, miraculously, all three boys slept for most of the trip! I was so grateful.

Driving up to our house was bittersweet. I was so happy to be home, but I know it is probably just a transitional arrangement now. Seeing a For Sale sign in the yard was so strange, and walking through the house in its staged state was even stranger. I feel like I'm living in a hotel where I'm afraid to break the decorations. My blood pressure rose 20 points as the boys explored every room and touched every new thing. So begins life in a house on the market! At least we can sleep in our own beds!
Post a Comment

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share