Pages

Feb 3, 2008

There's no place like home (except Grandma's)


Zachary, Tyler, Gavin, and I had an uneventful trip back to Portland today. Saying good-bye to our Arizona family was hard, but not nearly as traumatic for the boys as I anticipated. Aunt Angie packed special airplane goodie bags for Zach and Tyler that made for a wonderful surprise as soon as we boarded. And then, miraculously, all three boys slept for most of the trip! I was so grateful.

Driving up to our house was bittersweet. I was so happy to be home, but I know it is probably just a transitional arrangement now. Seeing a For Sale sign in the yard was so strange, and walking through the house in its staged state was even stranger. I feel like I'm living in a hotel where I'm afraid to break the decorations. My blood pressure rose 20 points as the boys explored every room and touched every new thing. So begins life in a house on the market! At least we can sleep in our own beds!

4 comments:

granny said...

It really is a strange feeling to have a for sale sign on the house...I remember. Hopefully it won't be there long. The echo monster has inhabited our house. We miss you! Sorry we missed your call. I think we had a phone off the hook. Tell the boys granny and gramps are sooooo proud of them.

The Wizzle said...

I can't believe they slept all the way home! Yahoo! That's fabulous!

I hope the for sale sign is gone soon, I really really do. You have my utmost sympathy. Anytime you need to vent, you've got my email.

Mark Dixon said...

Thanks for coming to visit! And thanks to Zach and Tyler for being so cooperative on the way home.

GinaJ said...

Hooray for sleeping so much on the trip home (having so much fun with family wears little people out). After such a taxing flight to AZ, I'm glad it wasn't "second verse, same as the first."

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share