Pages

Feb 28, 2008

Cough, cough, sneeze, sneeze

If you could hear me right now, you'd stop wondering about this week's scarcity of posts. I've been laid up with the flu, the achy-to-your-bones, racking cough, searing throat, scratchy voice sort of flu that has stricken half the ward and most of the elementary school in the last month. Probably thanks to my flu shot, I've had a much milder version of the bug that afflicted Garry last week, but I've still been plenty miserable. Fever and chills have recently given way to a nasty head/chest cold. Although I'm grateful for that, I feel like the house is a petrie dish. Do you think Tom Hanks will bring me daisies today?

Zachary missed school Tuesday with his own variety of illness, and although he was just so-so yesterday, he sprang out of bed this morning and I shuttled him off to school. Yesterday we cracked windows and pressed our faces to the screens just to get some fresh air. It's not fair to have beautiful winter days in Oregon when we're house bound. Hopefully today will be better. The sun is shining, and by golly I want to soak it up.

3 comments:

Reynolds Family said...

I'm sorry you're sick. We had that junk all last month and my kids were out for two weeks. It's lovely. Hopefully you'll have a speedy recovery.

The Wizzle said...

Ick, it seems like winter around here is just one sick episode after another. I hope you feel much better tomorrow!

Mark Dixon said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Hope things turn around quickly.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share