Pages

Feb 29, 2008

What a day

If I could impart one message to the Realtors of the world, it would be this: please have compassion for young mothers trying to sell their homes!

Today was the second day in a row that an agent stood us up for an appointment. In both cases the agents expected to be a little late, but said they'd call when they were almost at our house. I know that the agents believe they are doing me a favor with these "courtesy calls," but I really think they have no clue how difficult it is to keep a house show-ready while children are in it! It is so much more practical to leave once the house is spotless, but it is so tiring to be gone...just your basic catch-22. Yesterday we did afternoon errands for hours, and today we did errands, lunch, and recreation while waiting for the special call that never came. Yesterday the agent knew hours before arriving at my house that she wasn't going to make it; her client's car broke down and their trip was cut short. Today a different client had a surprise court appointment and couldn't come see the house.

How long does it take to make one little phone call to the sick mama hauling three kids around the city? "Sorry, ma'am, we won't make it today. Feel free to go home, turn on the TV for your children, and get in bed where you belong." Instead, at 3:30 today when I called the agent who was supposed to show my house at 11:30, this is what she said: "Oh, honey, I'm so sorry. Mr. So-and-so found out at 11:00 that he couldn't come, so he'll just have to see your home during the open house tomorrow. You go lie down now, y'hear? Take care!"

Ahem. That's enough venting for today. I feels good to type it all out since I can't really speak. My voice would be quite hilarious if it didn't hurt so much.

Our out-of-houseness took us to Oregon Gymnastics Academy today. It really was the perfect venue: low-key for me and a blast for the boys. Gavin was sweet as pie. His cute face and the fancy wrap I carried him in turned out to be quite the conversation pieces.


Tonight I snapped a photo of Gavin to document the fact that he's three months old today. Well, actually tomorrow, but there's no February 30, so I opted for the 29th rather than the 1st. Sometimes I wish I was a baby so that double chins and chubby thighs were something to smile about.


After Garry got home he helped Zachary and Tyler build some fun marble runs in the kitchen. Gavin seemed to enjoy the noise, and the big boys sure had fun. I was glad for a happy ending to this long, long, long, long day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share