Pages

Feb 12, 2008

I've been tagged

So this is my first tag. (I feel honored.)

1. Pick up the nearest book (one of at least 123 pages).

2. Open the page to 123.

3. Find the 5th sentence.

4. Post the next 3 sentences.

5. Tag 5 people.

Here's my response:

Too bad my office is devoid of books besides those whose covers are aesthetically pleasing. At least this one was closer than New College Spanish and English Dictionary.

Dog Stories by Richard Olsenius [a photography book]

"Dog shows run by the kennel clubs have helped standardize breed characteristics, and in many cases rescued breeds sliding toward extinction. Bulldogs almost vanished after bull-baiting was banned in England in the 1830s. The Dalmation, which was bred as a carriage dog and used in the 1800s by fire departments to control the horses pulling the engines, faced a similar fate. The Irish wolfhound (right), used by Celts to hunt wolves, almost vanished in the mid-1800s before it was revitalized in the second half of the 1900s."

{If you know me at all, you'll be dying with laughter that I just posted on the history of dogs.}

I tag: Red Hot Eyebrows, Yellow Watermelon, Real Redhead, angieinpink, Clodhopper

6 comments:

The Wizzle said...

it makes sense to me that you have a book with photos of dogs. Anything to stave off getting a real one, right?

Off to do my tag now...

angiedunn said...

I shall participate....

Lol to the Dog thing. "Isn't it ironic? Dontcha think?"

joeyship said...

If I can figure out how to get back to my blog--it's been so long--I will also comply with your wishes.

Aunt Jo

runningfan said...

Angie, yes, the fact that we have a book about dogs, let alone the fact that I opened and perused and read that book about dogs, is very ironic indeed. At least it didn't rain on my wedding day.

granny said...

I just read this...and realized I had been tagged. I shall get on that soon.

granny said...

P.S. It is indeed hilarious that your entry is about dogs. I love it.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share