Pages

Jun 22, 2012

Visitors

I was thrilled to see my friend Melanie in Colorado Springs this week!  She and her family took a spur-of-the-moment trip out here, and I've been lucky enough to connect with them several times. 

We first hosted the Shahas (along with a few of their boys' friends) for Father's Day dinner.  Lexi really bonded with Bob while Garry and I were finishing the gravy and potatoes.  Melanie suggested that Bob and Lexi sit by each other at the table.  When Lexi sat down, she saved a spot next to her for Bob.  But when Bob walked up to his chair, she looked confused.  She asked, "Are you Bob?"  It was hilarious.



On Tuesday we met Bob and Melanie at the mall for lunch.  After a somewhat rowdy meal, they walked my family back to our car.  Gavin got ahead of the group (of course) and headed for the escalator, which we did not need to ride.  Bob and Melanie then rode the escalator with the kids for a few minutes, just for fun.


That night, Zach, Tyler, Garry, and I enjoyed a Sky Sox game with the Shahas and the Dallys.  We had a great time!  It was a perfect night for baseball.  Garry taught the boys about the plays.  I tried to stay awake (it had been a particularly full day, starting with The Incline).  We all slept soundly that night.





On Wednesday I joined Melanie and a group of fun ladies for lunch at Olive Garden.  Thursday was our final meeting -- a quick stop in a parking lot for a conversation and a hug.  It was so great to spend some time with my dearest friend.  Few people in the world really understand me the way Melanie does.  She truly is the best.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Pretty fun for us to see you, too! Joyous to be together again, and doing so many fun things! You're the best, my dear!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share