Pages

Jun 5, 2012

America the Beautiful

Yesterday I put on my Fun Mom hat and took the kids to a great park downtown.  We had never visited America the Beautiful park, but it was amazing and I'm sure we'll go again...especially if fun friends join us!

At 10:00 a.m. we started out on the playground, where my monkey boys climbed and swung and spun and jumped all over the place.  Lexi wanted to share a swing with Kate, which was too cute to resist.  And of course the kids busted out their lunches at 10:30 a.m. because they were s.t.a.r.v.i.n.g.







Before long, the kids wanted to play in the water fountains, which didn't turn on until about 11:15, but I moseyed over with them and set up camp.  It's astonishing how much gear is required for five kids to play, eat, and swim in the sun for a couple of hours.  On this trip, the fun was worth the effort.


The water was awesome.  Even Kate loved it.  Zach chose her swimming suit because it was patriotic like the park's name.











I loved talking with my friends, and quite miraculously, the kids lasted long enough for me to have actual conversations.


In the end, the only real negative was leaving a nice towel on the park bench.  This is progress.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Sounds like a GREAT outing! That is one cool park!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share