Pages

Jul 8, 2012

Four little fishies

Thanks to our YMCA membership, the kids are taking swimming lessons two afternoons a week for super cheap.  Gavin and Lexi are two of three children in their class; Tyler's class has six kids; and Zach's class has three.  They all go at the same time and everyone loves it.  Heaven on a stick, if you ask me.

Plus they are all cute in the water and stuff.






Zach has a coach (as opposed to a teacher), and this coach says Zach is a "swim team candidate," whatever that means.  His 45-minute class starts with five full minutes of treading water.  




On Friday we broke with my homebody tradition and joined friends at an outdoor community pool.  It was freezing, and I was the only mom in the water most of the time, and when it was time to go home, Zach refused to get out of the pool and we made a huge scene {my favorite thing}.


I think we'll stick with the Y.  We have a better success rate there, and if Zach refuses to get out of the pool, he only has to walk a mile home.

P.S.  Does anyone actually read this blog?  Family history is great and all, but I'm getting a little lonely here.

19 comments:

linda said...

Yes I read your blog, and love knowing that I am not the only mom that has to deal with meltdowns.. Seems to be an everyday event around here this summer.

Cyri said...

I do! I do! I LOVE reading it, it makes me happy. :)

Gabrielle Davis said...

I do, and I love reading about how your family is doing. I like how honest you are about what raising kids is like - it's giving me a heads up.

Anonymous said...

I love that your kids have lessons all at the same time! That is serious FANTASTIC.

Zach needs more exercise, right? Right? It'll be good for him! :)

Mark Dixon said...

Thanks for the update. Please give your little fishes hugs from me.

Amanda said...

I don't comment as often as I read, (since I usually read on my phone), but I read every post! I really love reading your blog--it's such a great perspective of motherhood and family.

angiedunn said...

i read every post! ♥

D said...

I always read Heidi! I love it! I try to post pictures of my life here,
http://picturesfor201.blogspot.com/
but am not very good at documenting with actual words (our family blog is private, per hubby's request :). But you are on my reader, so I never comment. Sorry if it makes you feel lonely!
Debbie

D said...

Shoot, sorry, that link was wrong. I deleted part of it by accident. Here is the correct link.

http://picturesfor2012.blogspot.com/

granny said...

You better believe I read every post bthanks for the updates. But proving I'm notnanrobot almost does me in sometimes. Could they make those stupid words any harder to decipher?

Dan and Katie said...

I read it! Its just usually on my phone and it is hard to comment on my phone!

Emmy Z. said...

I read every post, too! For some reason, I always think my comments sound really stupid, so I end up deleting most of them before I hit "publish".

Emily Hayes said...

I feel the same way- comments are way down (gone) on my blog, but I read yours and love it. You are such a good writer, I always love it.

Shannon said...

I'm here all the time!

KaraLyn said...

I always read your blog... but I usually do in reader, so I rarely click over to your actual blog. But I surely do enjoy you posting about your adventures! You have a completely different mothering style than I do and I enjoy reading all about it!

rachbechep said...

i'm always reading cousin! :)

Brenda said...

I enjoy your blog, You have a way with the written word and great pictures to go with it. Your "letters" are my favaorite. I also love reading about your family adventures. Many of us readers may not feel comfortable commenting but we do read. You are not alone!

Chris said...

We've never met, and I'm not entirely sure how I ended up with your blog on my Reader- but don't you quit! I've got three little ones (4 and under) and love hearing the companion tales from another mother- even if you don't live terribly close or know me from Eve. I concur with the rest- you've got a gift for writing and a way to help me see new light with motherhood challenges!! Keep up the good work!

Jessalee said...

I read your blog! I think I started reading your blog when someone turned me onto it during your pregnancy challenges.

I'm a mother to four, and I was just thinking as I read through your last entry about how much I love your perspective and honest take on motherhood. :)

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share