Pages

Jul 16, 2011

Fan-tastic

My first coherent thought this morning was that it was far too early for brothers to be fighting, especially so close to my face.  Then I realized I was scrunched in the recliner, sweating under a blanket, at 5:45 a.m.  It WAS far too early, but sure enough, three Bartle boys were arguing about real estate on the couch right next to me.  After a rough night I was in no mood to moderate this dispute, so I crawled into my bed and nudged Garry into active duty.  Thankfully, he obliged, and I got to sleep until 8 a.m.

When I walked into the kitchen, Garry was putting a hot breakfast on the table.  I also noticed the vacuum in the middle of the living room rug.  Garry quickly explained the necessity of said vacuum.  His story involved three naughty boys, this fan, and a box of graham crackers.  Any guesses on how the story ends?


Apparently Gavin shoved graham crackers into ventilation slots in the back of the fan. The spinning fan blades then pulverized the crackers and shot little bits into the air.  The cracker crumbs landed all over the room: the couch, the chair, the fireplace, the mantle, the end table, the rug, the floor.  Tyler and Zach sat idly by, totally entertained by Gavin's invention.  I'm a little sad I didn't see the aftermath, but clean-up was complete by the time I got out of bed.

This seems like an entry into the Gavin Hall of Fame, don't you think?  It is better or worse than banana body surfing?

7 comments:

Jentry said...

oh my, oh my... what will he think of next? he is just SO cute, though! :)

Melanie said...

You just can't make up the things that Gavin will do next. We still laugh at his little smirk in the Christmas picture...'maybe later today I'll poop in a shoe!'

The Wizzle said...

Gah! That has to be top three, for sure.

Jill said...

That is awesome. (Although I'm sure Garry didn't think so.) What an ingenious idea and it sounds like it *would* be fun to watch...

Kim Milius said...

Now THAT would've been quite the sight! The question is . . . "what will he think of next?" Kind of a scary question, isn't it?!!!! LOL

granny said...

At least crackers aren't sticky/slimy and don't smell like bananas.

maynardmoments said...

Holy moly! What an inventor you have. Thank goodness for vacuums and a great husband.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share