Pages

Aug 30, 2010

Homecoming

I spent the weekend in Mesa with my parents and all five of my siblings.
The occasion: welcoming Ryan home from his two-year mission to Croatia and Slovenia for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

The weekend was delightful.
The reason: family.

Here I am with my brothers and sisters:
Ryan (21), Angie (27), David (29), Heidi (31), Eric (23), and Holly (16).
I am especially fond of the tall-short-tall-short-tall-short lineup.
And that I'm the oldest and the shortest.


Being in the temple on Saturday with Ryan, my parents, and cousins was awesome.
We also spent most of Sunday together.
Ryan spoke in sacrament meeting. He did an amazing job.
David and Rachel sang a masterful rendition of "I Walked Today Where Jesus Walked."
Then we had a family dinner and an open house for Ryan.
Eating and hanging out with everyone was the best!






I don't know how I missed taking pictures of my cousins! Amy and Ben and Rachel and Brandon....I'll get you next time! It was so lovely to see you all!

Garry managed the kids and household quite well in my absence,
despite being sick enough to be bed-ridden. I will post soon about all of their adventures.

Welcome home, Ryan!

11 comments:

granny said...

Aw, it was a good weekend, wasn't it? Great pics, Heidi, and thanks for coming. And Garry, you are wonderful.

Melanie said...

So good of you to capture the joy of the reunion! What a good looking bunch!

reddladybug said...

so good to see ya! come again...soon!

Colleen said...

So glad you got to be there with everyone. What a wonderful reason for a reunion!

The Wizzle said...

That was so fun! Sorry I missed so many of the festivities. I let David go so I was home with sleeping babies!

The pictures of Holly are the awesomest of all. :)

Johnson Family said...

what a wonderful weekend!!! I can't believe how "grown-up" all your siblings are and as I saw each of their faces, I was saying.... "He looks like Gavin, and he has features of Zack." Crazy!
Gotta love family!

Cyri said...

So much fun! It is great to see you all together! Yay for Ryan being home! Being short is in the Dixon girls' genes, so you aren't the only one. :) I'm glad you got to spend precious time with your family!

Bethany said...

Heidi, your family is gorgeous!! So glad you got to be there with them for this special event. :)

J*a~{s}n°a said...

i LOVE the tall-short formation, you are all so sweet!

Vicki said...

How fun to be with your family!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing pictures of The Dixon's! You all look great and happy. Love love love that you had a wonderful weekend with your fam.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share