Pages

Aug 17, 2010

Big boy, Little boy



Today was Zach's first football practice in full gear. He was excited and a little nervous. As he ran onto the field, I noticed he was the only kid on the team without a jersey -- but one of Dad's shirts got the job done. Of the 25 or so kids playing for the Rams Rookies, all are returning players except a few. Zach is one of the new kids on the block.

Garry picked him up from practice and had a chance to talk to the coach. Coach Mitch was surprised to learn that Zach has never played football before. Apparently he is the best center on the team! Zach will be the starting center this season; his natural ability makes up for his utter lack of experience. Zach will be at the center of the action, which makes me nervous, but he is so excited about this newly discovered talent. Coach Mitch also said that Zach would be a great running back. Football season just got more exciting for the biggest boy in the house!




Meanwhile, the littlest boy continued his study of the letter A today. Gavin was thrilled for the chance to paint with apples. As you can see, he covered several sheets of paper with apple-stamped paint. What masterpieces!

Notes to self: Buy a vinyl tablecloth. Mom needs a smock, too.

5 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Wow, that's fantastic news about Zach! He must be so excited. What a wonderful situation for him to have such a good physical outlet at which he excels!

And I am completely in awe of your efforts with Gavin. I am ashamed to say that I have done absolutely zero, as far as I remember, in structured "preschool" type of activities since I had more than one child. Gavin is a lucky boy.

granny said...

Go Zach! How fun for him. Go you for being such a good mom with Gavin. Yes, I can see why you want a smock too.

Grandma said...

Hurray for Zach! I'm sure he's thrilled to be a budding star. Gavin is so cute. He just makes me smile. You're a great mom to help him have fun while he's learning.

Colleen said...

How fun! Hooray for Zach! He looks like such a big kid in all those pads.

Johnson Family said...

Looks like great things are happening in your neck of the woods! Zach looks really old and the apple prints are great. I did that with my preschool last year. Good times!!! What a wonderful mom you are...
Christa

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share