Pages

Aug 24, 2010

inside edition

If you were a fly on the wall at our house, you might see:
  • Lots and lots of purple tulle. I'm making tutus for Christmas gifts.
  • Green flowing curtains in my new-and-improved bedroom.
  • A giant pile of board books on Lexi's bedroom floor. The Littles and I exercised our literary muscles this morning.
  • Crumbly remnants of "mush muffins" (English muffins), which were Gavin's afternoon snack.
  • The juice of a fat tomato on the office carpet. Gavin opened the fridge, Lexi extracted and dumped the tomatoes, and Gavin juiced one with his knee (on purpose). I was in the shower.
  • The beginnings of a new ironing pile. It's laundry day.
  • A lump of football gear on the floor, just waiting to be used at practice tonight.
  • Zach's school planner, the daily squares filled with his scrawl. His handwriting is messy, but I think he likes being organized. At his request, a copy of his home-responsibility calender is in the front pocket of his school binder.
  • My telephone headset, which was well-used this afternoon.
  • Three days' worth of mail on the counter.
  • An excellent view of the next-door neighbor's front yard For Sale sign (new today).
  • Crayons and "letter B" paraphernalia.
  • A rapidly-dwindling stack of Gavin-sized diapers, which begs the question: Is it time to potty-train?

If you were a fly on the wall of my brain, you might see:
  • A picture of my brother, Ryan, who is currently on the last leg of his journey home from his two-year mission in Croatia. I am devastated to miss his airport homecoming party tonight, but I do get to fly to Arizona and spend the weekend with him.
  • An utter lack of a dinner plan.
  • Musings on how to quash Gavin's fear of random animals; nurture Tyler's troubled soul; and diffuse Zach's explosive attitude.
  • Budding excitement for a scripture study group starting soon -- the chance to get away from real life for an hour a week and learn something, too.
  • Percolating plans to paint Lexi's bedroom and mine before we get new carpet in two weeks.
That's what's up at our house. What's up at yours?

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Oooh...liking the scripture study group idea. What's that going to look like?

Johnson Family said...

I loved the perspective.... It really puts me inside your house/brain momentarily.

Shaina said...

Random piles throughout the house and garage, for donation, for friends, and for the dump.

Leftover rolls on the countertop from dinner, but NO leftover soup, because it was that good.

Kimble's toys scattered throughout the livingroom, because he rolls around so well now.

Scattered post-it notes filled with Georgie's scribbles, drawings, and the letters 'e' and 'g', which she likes to write.

My bike. My new bike. Barely worn. Yearning to be ridden, but not given any time.

The Wizzle said...

I might steal this idea for my blog. It's languishing, again. I love seeing inside your brain!

Shannon said...

What's up at our house? Chaos. Complete and utter chaos. Both in my house and in my brain. It's a problem. I must fix it soon.

maynardmoments said...

I don't think you want to know what is going on here. Lets just say there are paint cans all over the place. Think long and hard about painting the rooms. It is quite the project with little kids around. BUT, once it is done, it is is awesome and so refreshing!
Take care.

Adri said...

Glad you are getting some use from the tulle. If you have a little extra, I'd love to make Baby Lea a tutu to match big sister Kate!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share