Pages

May 2, 2010

Take a good look!


While shaving yesterday, Garry goofed with the razor and left a bald spot on his chin. Ironically, to cover up the error, he had to shave completely....for the first time in almost 8.5 years. Garry started growing a goatee the day he graduated from BYU in December 2001, when Zach was a baby. Facial hair was prohibited at BYU, so I figured the goatee was just a temporary exercise in follicular freedom. Instead, the goatee stuck. Our kids don't know Garry without facial hair. Lexi keeps staring at and touching Daddy's chin. Gavin is distressed that the goatee washed down the drain, and wants to know when it will come back.

I
love the new look, but Garry is determined that the "naked face" isn't here to stay. Oh, well. It was fun (for me) for a day!

9 comments:

granny said...

Hahaha...distressed because it washed down the drain? Love you Gavin. We like Garry with or without....

rachbechep said...

that was my favorite part too...about gavin. haha. i love it.

maynardmoments said...

It makes him look so much younger! Not that he looks old or anything. ;)

Grandma said...

Gavin is hilarious! Heidi colored and cut a lady once and he little girl cried and cried because she wanted her mom back. Kids are so funny. Either way is fine with me. Whatever he feels comfortable with.

Carroll Conversations said...

Follicular Freedom--that's just an awesome way to put it. Gavin's comment cracks me up.

kendra said...

Wow! I say keep it off! I'm thinking about taking your BOM challenge. I'm not sure if I can do it.... I have to think about it. But I should....

Colleen said...

I like it too, Heidi! It looks good Garry! Although the goatee does too. Nice to have facial hair options. :}

Johnson Family said...

that is a cute story! Morgan had facial hair forever until he got called as bishop 5 years and 3 months ago, but hey, who's counting? he he

mademoisellechitchat said...

Hello.

I am Angie's friend. I can SOOO relate to the love for clean-shaven men look. My boyfriend and I returned from exercising. After his shower, he emerged from the bathroom with NO mustache; I screamed with delight! It took nearly 5 years off of him.

Enjoy!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share