Pages

May 16, 2010

Birthday post #1: Lexi's first year

We can hardly believe that little Alexis Paige is a year old today! While it has likely been one of the longest and most challenging years of our family life, it has also flown by. Wasn't she just a tiny pink bundle, barely bigger than her stuffed bunny?

Lexi at one week.

Somehow, she grew up!

One month.

Two months.
(Maybe my favorite picture ever.)

Three months.

Four months.

Five months.

Six months.

Seven months.

Eight months.

Nine months.
(Um, maybe this is my favorite picture ever.)

Ten months.
(Poor, sick little baby.)

Eleven months.


Twelve months.

It's fun to watch the monthly chronology and see Lexi grow and change so quickly.
The history of her hair is already fascinating.
I also realize how much I like her in green! Ha!
At age one, Lexi can be categorized thus:
  • owner of 7 teeth
  • weighing 18 pounds
  • hater of hair accessories
  • cuddle bug
  • nicknamed (Sis)
  • carnivore
  • light sleeper
  • night waker
  • tentative walker
  • speed crawler
  • climber
  • impatient with footwear
  • verbal (hi, go, mama, dada, thank you, Betsy, hey sis, uh-oh)
  • milk drinker (cow's and mom's)
  • music lover
  • messy
  • dramatic
  • adorable

Happy birthday, Sis. We love ya.

15 comments:

granny said...

Loved the year in pictures. So fun to see the changes. Love her! Happy Birthday, Lexi!

Grandma said...

Lexi, how we love you. You are a shining star in our family. I also loved seeing her progression in pictures. Wow, where did a year go?

Danielle said...

Happy birthday Lexi!!! Loved seeing her grow up before my eyes-she's a doll! :)

Reynolds Family said...

So cute-it's like a mini fashion show! Happy birthday to an adorable little girl! And really, where did that year go?

Dan and Katie said...

Man time flies! I need to get a stuffed animal for Ruby to take pictures with! Lexi is such a cute little girl!

Lisa Romer Keele said...

She is reaqlly cute.

Heidi said...

Awesome post! Love it. Happy B-day Lex!

The Wizzle said...

Green is the coolest. Pink is for sissies!

I cannot believe how fast they change! I have three of my own, and it's still shocking.

Unknown said...

So cute. Love the pigtails. Can't believe Flash weighs more than her. :)

Melanie said...

What a year! And what a darling girl. How blessed you all are to have each other!

Carroll Conversations said...

Happy Birthday sweet Lexi! I love all the pics and can't believe how fast they grow up. So sweet!

Shaina said...

I love her six and seven month pictures. So cute!!

kendra said...

I can't believe it either! wow... have to say what stood out to me the most: 18 pounds?! my baby was weighed today and came in at 15.5 pounds (3 1/2 months!)...

What and ADORABLE tiny little girl! and now I know it's true what they say: these times won't last forever...

Colleen said...

Beautiful, sweet Lexi! What tender birthday posts. She is such a blessing to your family and I can just tell how absolutely adored she is!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday little Miss Lexi! You are such a pretty girl. ;)

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share