Pages

May 16, 2010

Birthday post #2: Celebrating Lexi


On this day last year, I held a newborn in my arms.

All week I have been remembering the days leading up to Lexi's birth. The weather and my tulips and the kids' end-of-year activities at school have all triggered memories of those final days of pregnancy. And then, on Saturday, I woke up to fog and light rain and was instantly transported to the day Lexi was born. Has it really been a year?

According to the calendar, Lexi's birthday has arrived! I can hardly believe it, but I suppose our little girl has grown up quite a bit! So we celebrated this momentous occasion. Opening her presents was a family affair on the living room floor.



The purple car seat was a big hit -- a throne for the princess.



So was the dolly.



I had grand plans for a butterfly birthday cake. They bombed.
Garry bought a big cookie instead.
Lexi tried to blow out the candle: "Fffff...." What a cutie.



Then Lexi decided to try the frosting. She liked it.


So she had some more.


We all looked on, completely entertained.
We sang "Happy Birthday" a dozen times. Lexi squealed. We laughed.
And then the party was over.



Happy birthday, little one!

8 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Aaaaaah, I *love* the purple carseat! So cute! Eve is already plotting what color booster she will pick. In, like, 3 years.

And that cookie looks absolutely divine. Sorry the cake didn't turn out though. It doesn't look like she minded too much!

granny said...

I, too, love the purple carseat! Good choice! The frosting is amazingly colorful....

Her package is in the mail. :( Sorry I messed up the date. Talk about s.e.n.i.l.e.

Emma said...

What a cutie! Happy Birthday Lexi. I love the frosting covered face and it's in the hair too.

Melanie said...

Can't get over what a whisper of a girl she is at 1! What a happy family! Thrilled for all of you!

maynardmoments said...

WOW! Has it really been a year???
I remember sitting at the park during play group and you were worried about the timing of your mom coming and Lexi arriving. And here I sit, one year later, worrying about the exact same thing!
I love the giant cookie and the fun purple car seat. That was really cute.
Happy Birthday Lexi!

Grandma said...

What a precious doll! She looks like she really enjoyed the cookie. I don't think she minded a bit about the cake. She'll love to look back later and see all of this. What a fun memory.

Colleen said...

Mmmm, that cookie looks great! Especially all over Lexi. Such a doll!

Lars said...

I love these posts about Lexi's first year and birthday. Love her gifts and all that frosting. That doll really is adorable. Not quite as cute as Lexi though.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share