Pages

May 12, 2010

Dear Buyer (wherever you are)

Dear Buyer,

I know my house has only been on the market for two and a half weeks, but I'm a little surprised you haven't found it yet. Are you just not looking? Are you afraid of its "for sale by owner" status? Have you already been to my house and just fear commitment?

If you are looking, perhaps I can understand your position. Maybe you're sad that you have to leave a place you love, and nothing else could be as great. Maybe you are leaving behind a beloved home of your own, plus family and friends and a familiar place. Or maybe you are thrilled to come to Colorado Springs. Maybe you are already here. Maybe you have a list of "must-haves" for your next house and you think ours doesn't quite fit the bill. I understand that a lot is at stake when you buy a house, and that you want such a large purchase to be the perfect thing. I know that right now there are many options, a large pool of homes from which to choose. The selection process is overwhelming.

Just know that as I pray each day that you will come -- to save me from all this cleaning and stress, to help me take a big step forward in my life plan, to finally send me off to my dear family, to help me secure a great interest rate on my next house, and to end this crazy phase of waiting and uncertainty -- that I am praying for you, too. I pray that our house will be perfect for you, that the neighborhood and the school (and the ward, if we are so lucky) will offer the right people and experiences for your life journey. I pray for the timing to be right for your family, too. I pray that you will know that our house is the one for you.

Having said all of this, dear Buyer, I want you to know...it's really hard to wait. What can I do to make you get here soon?

Love,

Heidi

8 comments:

angiedunn said...

i pray for everything in the second-to-last paragraph too!!! dear buyer, she's serious, and so am i!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*dear heidi, hang in. love ya.

The Wizzle said...

Thirding this motion. I love change, but waiting? Uncertainty? Holding pattern? Kiss my butt.

Praying for you guys, and saving a spot by our pool for when you get here!

maynardmoments said...

Don't you just wish for a crystal ball sometimes? Hopefully the buyer will come and you can move on to your next phase of life soon. Keep hanging on.

granny said...

Buyer, if you need a character reference for seller, I'd be happy to oblige.

Heidi said...

The minute you stop caring and stressing they will magically appear on your doorstep. Promise. Works like a charm every single time.

It will happen, trust that Heavenly Father knows how you feel and he will take care of you:)

Colleen said...

We're praying for you to come too, Buyer, even if we don't like it! :(

Unknown said...

This is what we have to look forward to. We just put our house up. Good luck and I hope your buyer finds you soon.

Trinette McCrary said...

Sending buyer luck your way. Not sure I can actually do that, but I will try!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share