Pages

Nov 7, 2008

Tyler


The following conversation occurred today during lunch between Tyler and his mama:

Tyler: Will we give Gavin a new name when he gets to be four or four and a half?

Heidi: Did we give YOU a new name when you turned four?

Tyler: No! Wait...you mean I was named Tyler when I was a baby?

Heidi: Yep, you've always been Tyler and you always will be.

Tyler: Will Gavin always be Gavin?

Heidi: Yep!

Tyler: But Gavin is a baby's name!

Heidi: Is Tyler a baby name?

Tyler: Yes!

Heidi: What name would you like to have?

Tyler: [After thinking for a minute] How about...Professor Frothingslosh?!

***

I love getting a peek into Tyler's silly mind like this. It's so fun to jot down one of our goofy conversations to preserve for posterity (and perhaps his future embarrassment).

I also love Tyler's budding artistic abilities. This spring we got Tyler a book called "How to Draw People" by Barbara Soloff Levy. He keeps it in his church bag and the book, in turn, keeps him quiet at church. This week I was rather enamored with one of his drawings, and, more particularly, the way he signed the picture. He likes having all the letters of his name touch. Will Ty grow up to be like his artistic Uncle Ryan?


This morning a little writing exercise cracked me up. Tyler has developed a bit of a potty mouth, probably just to get a rise out of his parents. Various methods of punishment have proven unsuccessful, so we have returned to the tried-and-true Writing Consequence.

I'm sticking this one in his scrapbook file.

6 comments:

angiedunn said...

dear professor frothingslosh,

i heart you.

and i really wish i could come to your christmas party!

oh man, you make me smile.

LittleG said...

ROFL!!! Ty, you crack me up!

Thanks for recording sweetheart.

granny said...

Love that kid. Keep recording this fun stuff!

Grandma said...

Way cute! He's a budding artist, I can tell. It's very good. I can't even draw that well.

Heather said...

Frothingslosh?!?
That's GREAT. =D

Heidi, I wonder if you could figure out how to bottle that imagination and sell it. You'd make cazillions!

The Wizzle said...

That.was.awesome.

Also, Tyler draws better than I do. It's not even close. It's not even a compliment to say he draws better than I do, though, so perhaps I should come up with something more appropriate.

Professor, you are the Best Artist in the land! That's what Devlin says when something really impresses him. I do not use it lightly!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share