Pages

Nov 30, 2008

"It's like the whole world is white!"

This morning we woke up to four inches of snow, and it's still coming down.

Tyler rushed into our bedroom and tried to urge us out of bed. "Mom! Dad! Come quick! You've got to see this! It's like the whole world is covered in white!"


Indeed it is.

While my inward groan was building, I could see magic dancing in the boys' eyes. Snowmen and snow angels and snow forts and sledding...what fun they could have! I suppose there's no sense in having a bad attitude about this, our new winter climate, since it won't go away for several months.

Evening update:

The great news is that the relentless snow meant church was cut short by an hour. While I usually enjoy my church meetings, Gavin was on a grumpy bender with no end in sight, and with Garry home sick my energy was waning. The snow hasn't stopped all day -- I bet we have ten inches by now! We may get an official Snow Day break from school, so I'm sure we'll bundle up for some winter magic in the morning.

1 comment:

The Wizzle said...

I personally am not, but my kids are insanely jealous. :) I hope you guys enjoy your new playstuff1

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share