Pages

Nov 18, 2008

Intelligence, even if artificial, is preferred to stupidity, no matter how genuine.

So it turns out I'm a bigger idiot than I thought. I'm still laughing and shaking my head.

First, read yesterday's post if you haven't yet.

After all that took place, I recruited Krista, an awesome Beaverton friend, to try to rescue the package that was supposedly delivered by FedEx to my old residence on Sunday (weird, eh?). I emailed my old (er...former) neighbor and she said she'd keep her eyes peeled. I also emailed the person who moved into my house. No response from her.

And then I basically got an ulcer thinking about it all.

Last night, Zach picked up our mail. Two packages with calendars were in the box. That was a head-scratcher. I was grateful, to be sure, but couldn't figure out how it happened that they were delivered to the right spot. Two out of three orders -- I was relieved.

This morning, Krista reported via email that my old house was dark, there was no package to be seen, and Jennifer the neighbor didn't have it and hadn't seen it. Dang.

So this morning I started reviewing my confirmation emails again, trying to figure out how in the world I'd been so dumb. And then, there it was. Turns out I was only dumb (about this) yesterday. After a quick call to the calendar place, I immediately sent off this email to Krista, laughing hysterically all the while.


Hi Krista.

I’m feeling a bit sheepish, for I believe I’ve sent you on a wild goose chase! Today I realized that both the customer service rep AND I were looking at last year’s calendar invoice when I was asking about delayed delivery. I ordered the same week (almost the same exact day) last year, so all the names and dates and dollar amounts matched, but the address was obviously different. This morning I was reviewing my email confirmation again, wondering how I could have been so stupid (and where that FedEx package was, since it was supposed to have been delivered already), when I caught the date error. I called again today, and the guy looked up this year’s invoice, told me a different delivery date, confirmed that the calendars will come to Colorado, and is looking up a tracking number as we speak. I am enormously grateful to have it all working out, but if it’s possible, I feel even stupider than before! Ah, the adventures of life.

Thank you for trying to bail me out. I’m going to go crawl in a hole now.

Heidi



Before crawling into the hole, however, I had to alert the world about the ending to this story. The moral: someone else is in charge of calendars next year!

10 comments:

The Wizzle said...

See now, that moral sounds perfectly reasonable to me! Frankly I'm surprised you didn't have more confusion - you took on a lot of very big projects this year!

granny said...

All is well that ends well ya know. Things have a way of working out!

Carroll Conversations said...

I didn't mind the goose chase. I was only disappointed to not see your smiling face at your door at your old home here. It was hard to be there and know you really weren't inside. We miss you girl!

Reynolds Family said...

That is just too funny!

Emma said...

That is so funny. I'm glad you will be getting your packages after all.

Colleen said...

At least the calendars made it!

Vicki said...

Great story! It's good to know that other people make mistakes too!

rachbechep said...

i'm so jealous you're going to arizona for thanksgiving.
1. to see my family.
2. to see your family.
3. to see some pretty sunshine.
take some pictures for me k?

m = michelle said...

LOL
Oh how I remember those "dumb" days. That's how I knew I was pregnant the second time. Lost my car at the airport. As I walked the length of the parking structure TWICE i said to my friend who I just picked up, "wanna be I'm pregnant? I'm only THIS dumb when I'm with child"

sure nuff, I was.

I'd say it'll pass. But for me it hasn't! hahahaha

Lars said...

Relief. I'm sorry you felt all that stress unnecessarily. I've been there...or in the neighborhood. Isn't it awesome to have helpful friends?

A good ending. And it just shows how much you care!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share