Pages

Nov 12, 2008

This week's memorable moments

Despite my constant desire to vegetate on the couch, things have been happening around here. A few of them seemed worthy of recording:
  • Enjoying Gavin's new "downward dog" pose. (See here for the yoga play-by-play.) Sometimes he does it when he's happy, but more often than not, downward dog appears when he's having a fit. Yep, our baby has tantrums. I've tried catching this on camera, but no luck so far.
  • Painting and tiling our laundry closet (we figured the time was right, what with all our laundry upheaval lately). The tan walls and brown tiles -- the super-simple stick-on variety -- look awesome! Maybe I'll take a picture one day.
  • Seeing snow flurries outside the kitchen window on Monday.
  • Hitting the 12-week mark and having everyone and their dog ask, "You should be feeling lots better now, right?" Right -- sign me up, baby!
  • Vacuuming and ironing for the first time since my Mom left (can I admit how long ago that was?).
  • Hearing Tyler ask, "What does 'consent' mean?"
  • Hearing Zachary exclaim, "I was reading my [Wii game] manual this morning and figured out all kinds of new tricks! And did you know part of the manual is in Spanish?"
  • Finding Garry's old cell phone under Gavin's car seat and converting it for my own use (Garry did that) because mine completely died. I lost tons of phone numbers and the phone battery stinks, but at least I'm connected again.
  • Realizing at 2:00 in the afternoon that I'd been wearing my shirt backwards all day. Thanks to all the people I saw who didn't tell me!! (Of course it was a RARE day when I left the house and socialized with people I knew.)
  • Receiving a surprise dinner from a new ward member who heard how sick I was and wanted to help. Isn't that amazing?
  • Preparing a fun Christmas package for my missionary brother.
  • Compiling four photo calendars using this cool service and ordering 12 of them (another order is forthcoming...).
  • Realizing that at this time last year, 100% of my Christmas shopping AND wrapping was done. Haven't started yet this year. Haven't even thought about it.
  • Playing hooky from Stake Conference (not proud of this one).
  • Loving our use of disposable plates, bowls, and cups three meals a day -- but still woefully behind on dish duty.
  • Not loving Gavin's new mealtime game: dropping everything on the floor.
  • Visiting the Air Force base to check out the planned venue for the ward Christmas party and getting completely overwhelmed with all the logistics of having it there.
  • Hiding in the office while Garry feeds the boys pancakes for dinner. (I think I need to be done.)

4 comments:

Emma said...

Hi Heidi! I found your blog through Jenny R! It's fun to catch up on the old Wymount group. Congrats on the newest addition coming to your family.

The Wizzle said...

I haven't started my Christmas shopping either, and I haven't your excuse! I just can't commit to the gifts, I keep finding other cool stuff instead...

granny said...

Can't wait to see the downward dog. Don't envy you the snow flurries, but your laundry is awesome! Take care of yourself!

kendra said...

ah, the joys of life!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share