Pages

Nov 17, 2008

Can I blame this one on the pregnancy?

OK, here's a stupid story to rival all stupidness in the galaxy.

Remember last week when I was all euphoric about order photo calendars for Christmas? The euphoria might not have made it into the blog post, but I was feeling very good about myself for collecting photos, designing three different calendars, and ordering them in time to take with me to Arizona this weekend (ergo saving on shipping). I had actually accomplished something in the midst of my slug-like existence. Something tangible and important (to me). Something pretty and fun (at least I think so). Something to cross of my list and forget for another year.

Well.

I've been all frustrated that the biggest set of calendars hasn't arrived. One is supposed to go in a package to Croatia today, after all. I finally called on it today and got a tracking number. Typing that little number into Fedex.com revealed the horrifying problem: the calendars were shipped to Beaverton, Oregon. To my old address.

If I used expletives, I might insert them here. Instead, imagine a snarl ripping from the throat of an ornery lion. That pretty much sums it up.

A large chunk of change (very little of it mine - others are contributing to this calendar-gifting frenzy) was invested in the purchase and shipment of these 12 calendars. I'm still holding out hope that one day I'll see them, but I'm not sure how that's going to happen, or when.

So, dear family members, if you are expecting tradition to bring a cute Dixon cousin
(or some iteration of the family line) photo calendar to your doorstep this holiday season, please know that the Person In Charge has officially dropped the ball. [Rachel and Angie: I'll keep you posted.] There is a month to rectify the situation, so hopefully a happy ending is on the horizon. But if it doesn't appear, please know that the Person In Charge really tried.

Too bad you can't put good intentions under the Christmas tree.

8 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Oh gosh, yes, you can blame it on the pregnancy! I'm still blaming things on "the pregnancy" and my baby is 8 weeks old. )

If it makes you feel better, my sister once sent Devlin's birthday present to...herself. She wrote her own address on the front of the package, paid postage, dropped it in the mailbox, and received it again the very next day. :)

Reynolds Family said...

That is totally something I would do! So sorry!

angiedunn said...

The answer is yes. You can totally blame it on the pregnancy.

Sister...you are BEYOND awesome for making, designing, collecting pictures, & organizing this project....mid barfy stage o'pregnancy. You aren't allowed to feel bad if they don't make it on time for Christmas. They'll be TDF no matter when they come!!!

The Bui's said...

Oh Heidi! I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Do you want me to go to your old house and see if they still have them?

Colleen said...

Dang! If it makes you feel any better, you are not in this boat alone! This kind of stuff happens to me all the time and I can't even blame it on pregnancy because I am not! Sorry for the frustration! And I think you can put intentions under the Christmas tree if you have an understanding family, as yours seems to be!

kendra said...

oh WHAT A PAIN! Why do these things happen? Seriously, I do stuff like that all the time. I heard brain cells die with every pregnancy - could it be true?

I'm sure you will get the calanders. Maybe when you get home from AZ they will be waiting for you on your doorstep - mail forwarding? Good Luck.

P.S. You could wrap up some empty boxes labled "good intentions" and then give out the calanders for Valentines!!

kendra said...

Another P.S. - you looked great at church on Sunday - that color of pink looked really good on you...

granny said...

If we lose brain cells with each kid, it could explain my acute lack of brain matter these days. I can't imagine how frustrated you were, but congratulations on not using expletives. Life is an adventure....

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share