Pages

Oct 14, 2008

Let there be heat!


The last several days brought a cold snap to our area.

A freezing, snap, actually.

And we discovered that our furnace didn't work.

So since Friday night or so, we've been rather chilly in our beds at night. And in our chairs at lunch. And, for me, on the couch all day. The boys wake up with rosy noses and icy hands, no matter how many layers they have. It's a little ridiculous, especially since we haven't seen the tip of the iceberg as far as winter weather is concerned.

Today I dug out our home warranty paperwork (hooray for that!) and phoned a technician. He was at our house within 2 hours and fixed the problem in 15 minutes. Suddenly our house is ten degrees warmer...and climbing. And because of our warranty, the $150 repair only cost us $50. I'd say that's $50 well-spent.

7 comments:

Ex Libris said...

hope you dont mind me blogstalking, i came across your blog on Y&Y's blog and couldn't help myself. T was one of my favorite nursary kido's and i love checking up on him and the rest of you. totally miss the ward.
hope all is well

Ex Libris said...

by the way BoB is Kim Petersen
:0)

Colleen said...

The home warranty is a nice thing to have. We had to replace our microwave and I was so glad we had it, even if it didn't cover the whole thing it was much less than if we had to pay for it on our own! Glad you guys are getting warm!

The Wizzle said...

Hooray, I'm so glad the warranty actually made itself useful!

Grandma said...

Wow, what luck! Glad you're warmer now.

Kari said...

What is it with you guys and furnace problems?! So glad it got fixed so easily and you're cozy again.

girlygirl said...

Yaay! I'm always so happy when we don't have to spend money on icky, no fun things like furnaces...and fridges...and washing machines. ;)

I'm happy for you!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share