Pages

Oct 20, 2008

The children speak

Yesterday our ward had its annual Children's Sacrament Meeting Program. All the children ages 3-11 (75-ish) sang beautiful songs and had speaking parts on the theme of "I am a Child of God." This was Tyler's first year participating and Zachary's first year overcoming his stage fright. We were so proud of the boys for doing so well. Seeing Zach step to the microphone and deliver his part flawlessly was a huge pay day. I cried.

I recorded the boys saying their speaking parts at home.


Zach did a great job with his mouthful of big words.


When it was Tyler's turn in the program, he held up a picture of Brigham Young and said, "This is Joseph Smith...DOH!...I mean Brigham Young!!!" It was hilarious.

Well done, boys. Well done!

9 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Oh, I wish I could have seen it! Our program is this coming weekend and we're all so excited. I'm not sure how happy Eve's going to be when she realizes she's no participating. I would have killed to hear Tyler deliver his little "oops" speech, that sounds awesome!

Amanda said...

Wow--I can't imagine a Primary of 75! We only have 15, all junior Primary. Our program is this coming Sunday--and I can't wait to see what kinds of Oops! happen. :)

Carroll Conversations said...

Way to go boys! That is a very tricky part of the proclamation that Zach memorized. Very impressive. I can just see Tyler saying, DOH! So funny.

Lyon Pride said...

Very cute! Our ward probably has around a hundred primary kids so there program was mostly whole classes reciting something. I love hearing the little kids sing.

Grandma said...

Oh how I wish I could have been there to see and hear the boys. I'm very proud of them. Our ward is doing theirs this Sunday.

Jen said...

Wow! Zach's part WAS a mouthful! He is getting so BIG and grown up! Sarah had her 8th birthday today! Sigh - I remember their bitty shared birthday party, way back when they were - what? - 2 and 3??? Can that be??

angiedunn said...

okay: the stinkin' cutest boys ever invented!

and, did zach just turn 12 or 13? seriously: when did he grow up?

i miss you guys. why didn't i jump into mom's suitcase again?

kendra said...

The program turned out great. I wish I could've seen it from your point of view.

The pizza cake turned out awesome. You can't even tell the crust is chocolate!

Mark Dixon said...

Thanks for the videos! What a great way to see/hear their parts!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share