Pages

Sep 17, 2008

Tyler's epiphany

On the way home from preschool today, Tyler and I had a funny conversation.

Tyler: We played I-Spy today, but I didn't get a turn like everyone else.
Heidi: Hmm...that's a bummer. Did you cry?
Tyler: NO.
Heidi: Did you throw a fit?
Tyler: NO.
Heidi: Did you yell?
Tyler: NO.
Heidi: Did you have a tantrum?
Tyler: NO!
Heidi: Well, that's good! I just wondered because that's how you'd act at home if you didn't get your way. Why didn't you have a tantrum for Mrs. Lincoln?
Tyler: I didn't want to bother the other classes.
Heidi. Oh! That's great!
{dramatic pause...}
Heidi: Did you know that your tantrums bother people at home?
Tyler: (apparently surprised) They do? I didn't know that!
Heidi: It's true. So tell me how you acted when you didn't get a turn.
Tyler: I just sat there and did what I usually do when we do a game where I get a turn.
Heidi: So you were happy?
Tyler: I wasn't excited about it, like I'm excited about going to Disneyland. I was just regular.
Heidi: Good for you.

7 comments:

granny said...

"I was just regular..." kills me. What an articulate boy!

Vicki said...

What a funny kid! My kids always tell me that they are better for other people than they are for me.

Kate said...

Oh I Looove that. :)

The Wizzle said...

Oh my gosh, this is the funniest thing that has happened to me all day. I am going to see if I can frame a similar conversation for...certain members of my own household. To bad Eve isn't old enough to reason this well! Good boy, Ty.

Grandma said...

I love when you tell about certain conversations. It makes me feel more like I'm there. What an adorable boy and a great mom conversation. I adore Tyler's conversations!

juliespahr said...

Love the "I was just regular" comment!!
Too cute!
Jules

GinaJ said...

That was fabulous! I'm glad you recorded that one to share!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share