Pages

Sep 25, 2008

Dispelling the myth

So I've been surprised lately at a few emails in my inbox. Somehow, my blogging efforts have created the delusion among my readers that I am some sort of organizational guru. That I have a super capacity to accomplish and perfect. That I know more than the average Joe about getting things done.

This makes me laugh, because today my to-do list looks like this:
1. pluck my eyebrows. (check)
2. remember to pick Zach up from school.
3. sweep the kitchen floor, for the love of Pete.

I definitely like things the way I like them and have certain systems that work for me, but I'm definitely not an expert on...well, anything. But still, for some crazy reason, some people think I am. And this week I've gotten not one, not two, but three emails from friends who told me so. Chassie, my delightful cousin, even suggested I start an organization blog. Part of me just rolls my eyes. Part of me feels very flattered. And part of me is more than willing to share what I can if it's helpful.

So here's the deal.

If you have a burning desire to pick my brain, it's open for the picking. Leave a comment or send me an email and at some future date (next week, I imagine) I'll answer all your questions (assuming anyone is actually interested in this little game). I wish I was as cool (and sponsored) as the author of this fun blog and could give away a KitchenAid mixer to one lucky commenter, but I'll have to leave that for when I'm rich and famous.

I'm already feeling stupid about this post...so please don't make me regret it!

2 comments:

girlygirl said...

he he he - you are so hilarious! And I'm so excited! Thanks for allowing us to pick your brain. I'll get back to you soon with my questions!

Lars said...

Regret this post? No way! You KNOW how many things I have picked your brain about over the past six+ years. Recipes, crafts, gifts, family website, the famous 'stain bucket'. My life is enriched because you share!

No questions at the moment though...oh wait..digital scrapbooking. I need a ton of help with that.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share