Pages

Jan 10, 2012

runningfan reborn

When I started this blog back in 2008, I had to create a profile with Google.  At the time, I was training for the Hippie Chick half-marathon and generally considered myself a runner, so I picked the moniker "runningfan."  It's been four years since that day, and during that time I have rarely felt like a runner.  I haven't been lean-and-mean since high school, but my state of fitness has gradually declined through my child-bearing years.  "Tragic" is the only way to describe my physical status at present.

But I am trying to change that.  Once again, I am trying...and it feels fantastic.  This morning on the treadmill I got in touch with a part of myself that I haven't known for a very long time.  I felt like my goals were attainable and that I don't have to be bogged down by poor health forever.  I imagined taking long runs again, training for races, and having the energy to balance my many responsibilities.  Even though my treadmill stats today aren't very newsworthy, I am thrilled with them.


Two miles down, a million to go.  One step at a time.
Post a Comment

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share