Pages

Jan 10, 2012

runningfan reborn

When I started this blog back in 2008, I had to create a profile with Google.  At the time, I was training for the Hippie Chick half-marathon and generally considered myself a runner, so I picked the moniker "runningfan."  It's been four years since that day, and during that time I have rarely felt like a runner.  I haven't been lean-and-mean since high school, but my state of fitness has gradually declined through my child-bearing years.  "Tragic" is the only way to describe my physical status at present.

But I am trying to change that.  Once again, I am trying...and it feels fantastic.  This morning on the treadmill I got in touch with a part of myself that I haven't known for a very long time.  I felt like my goals were attainable and that I don't have to be bogged down by poor health forever.  I imagined taking long runs again, training for races, and having the energy to balance my many responsibilities.  Even though my treadmill stats today aren't very newsworthy, I am thrilled with them.


Two miles down, a million to go.  One step at a time.

10 comments:

Dan and Katie said...

Bolder Boulder here you come!

Shaina said...

Go Go! As a failure at trying to become a runner, I admire anyone who does it.

Emmy Z. said...

Go Heidi! Running 2.19 miles in 30 minutes looks pretty great to me! I read this quote on Livestrong.com recently, and I'm trying to remember it each day:

"The dirty little secret about resolutions isn’t some complex secret: Those who succeed are unwilling to quit. They want to taste success more than those who don’t."

You look like you're well on your way to success!

Jill said...

Way to go! I admire you and I know how tough it can be! I'm just working on 30 minutes of general exercise a day right now--aerobics, yoga (I really need this for my back), strength. My goal right now is simple. Do it daily and break a sweat when I work out. That is tough enough for me. I don't think my knees could handle running anymore. I am getting to be an old lady. ;)

Anonymous said...

That's SO awesome! I can hear the excitement in your post!

(And I have to say, after "running" for several months, I only went a little farther than you this morning and I don't think I was any faster! I am impressed!)

Five Wahlquist's said...

You go girl! when are you going to train/race with me :)

Bethany said...

Love it!! At least you're RUNNING! I'm walking my way back to one day running...one day I WILL get my body back!

maynardmoments said...

Awesome! One step at a time is right. Your positive attitude about running already has you 1/2 way there.

Colleen said...

Nice! Let's do a race together in the nearish future. Seriously. Which one???? :)

granny said...

You rock.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share