Pages

Jan 15, 2012

Notes for later

I have several partially-composed blog posts rolling around in my head, but right now my limited free time is occupied with this:


I'm not usually one to read much fiction (confession: I don't like being swept away), but in an effort to broaden my literary horizons, I decided to try this hefty classic.  And I love it.

Right now, I'm dying to know whether Valentine and Maximillian will end up together; if Mercedes ever discovers Edmond in disguise; what sinister role Benedetto is going to play; and how Monte Cristo finally exacts his revenge upon his enemies.  

Despite the fact that my reading opportunities are few and far between, I'm hoping to finish up the last 325 pages before book club meets on Thursday.  Maybe when I complete the novel, I'll catch up my blog friends on:

*blonde hairs and white hairs
*customer [dis]satisfaction
*kindergarten portfolios
*many layers of clothing
*sorbet
*one pound
*and maybe some other stuff

See you on the flip side!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

i've never read it before but heard it's good. good luck on those 325 pages. i'll stick with my one paragraph magazine reads for now... ;)

Jeff and Lori said...

I love that book too! And I love your letter post, hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I loved that book, loved it loved it. I haven't read it in many a year (or probably more like decades!) but you've got me itching to read it again!

joeyship said...

I have that exact book. I've actually read it a couple of times. I keep hoping they'll make a decent movie of it someday. The ones I've seen are poor representations of a great book. They leave out entire story lines. I think it is just too grand. I'm afraid it would have to be one of those BBC productions that are several hours long -- kind of like the Jane Eyre they produced years ago with Timothy Dalton.

Rob and Marseille said...

that is such a long book I felt so accomplished when i finished it

GinaJ said...

Read like the wind! I remember I liked that book a lot when I read it, but it's been so long I can't remember much.

Colleen said...

I've never read that one, but your review is making it tempting!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share