Pages

Jan 20, 2012

Because we have children

The other afternoon, I walked into my bedroom.  I planned to take a nap, but Stanley was in my spot.



Gavin and Lexi love playing "sleepover."  They drag pillows and blankets all over the house and make beds for themselves.  Their favorite resting spots are the treadmill and the stairs.



At our house, all the kids brush their teeth in Mom and Dad's bathroom.  This routine developed when we bought an electric toothbrush.  It has four heads, so Mom, Dad, Zach, and Tyler all use it.  We have four kinds of toothpaste and six toothbrushes in the same drawer, which, ironically, resides in the smallest bathroom in the house.  It is tiny but gets LOTS of traffic.  Zach recently decided he likes the taste of my toothpaste.  I don't mind sharing, but Zach can't ever remember to replace the cap on the toothpaste, and it drives me nuts.  When this tube runs out, I'm labeling the new one "MOM ONLY."



The kids love goldfish crackers.  I hate them.



The end.

6 comments:

granny said...

There are a couple of *big* kids at this house who still can't put a cap on the toothpaste or put them away. I give up.

Bridgette Knowlson said...

I get the kind of toothpaste with the flip-top lid. Problem solved :)

Anonymous said...

I have not yet found a satisfactory kiddo toothpaste dispenser, and I think I've tried them all!

joeyship said...

Someone needs to invent a better way of dispensing toothpaste. Even if the cap is always put on, the tip always gets mucky. Even at my house. And I can't blame kids. And I'm going to give you a pointer that I read about years ago, and it changed my life. If you think about it, having all of your toothbrushes in the same drawer is a great way to spread germs, colds, flu, etc. Years ago, when I still had a houseful, I started keeping my toothbrush in my underwear drawer. Everything in there is always freshly washed. Lo and behold, I didn't catch nearly as many bugs. Even if I had sick kids, I didn't get it. What a difference it made. Just thought I would share....

Melanie said...

LOVE that you document 'real life'!!

Rob and Marseille said...

gavin needs to learn to vacuum? the toothbrush in the underwear drawer cracks me up!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share