Pages

Jan 4, 2012

Ray of sunshine

I've had a few rough days in a row, and this morning I woke up feeling kind of desperate. My morning prayer included a plea for help--any kind of help!  The day that unfolded was a certain witness that a loving Heavenly Father knows my name.  Although my problems haven't disappeared, I have renewed hope, and also gratitude for the Lord's tender mercies.

Tyler had the chance to play with his friend Owen this morning--at Owen's house.  He was beyond thrilled at the opportunity.  Zach called to see if his buddy, Trace, could come over while Tyler was gone.  Instead, Trace's mom invited Zach to spend the day with them, first playing at home, then eating lunch and going to a movie.  Suddenly both boys had super fun plans away from home!  That solved the problem of getting through the last day of winter break.

With Zach and Tyler happily occupied, the Littles and I could more easily accomplish some errands that have been on my list.  At Target we picked up a new shower curtain and rugs for the hall bathroom (Thanks, Grandma Dent!) that I'm really excited about.  Then we met Garry for lunch at Chick fil-A.  Gavin and Lexi were thrilled to romp around the play land, I was glad to see my husband in the middle of the day, and my salad hit the spot.  Kate was a gem.  It was a lovely outing.

We stopped at the library next.  Sharing a happy experience with Gavin (at the public library, no less!) was a boon for our relationship.

The next miracle happened at the pharmacy.  After talking to my doctor again yesterday, we decided I would try a new medication.  When I went to pick it up the first time, it had been processed with Kaiser insurance, but our Kaiser coverage ended December 31.  I couldn't find my new insurance card, so I had to return later.  When I went back for the medicine today, the pharmacist remembered me.  She knew my history and the crazy cocktail of drugs I'm using to try to regulate my system.  To make a long and complicated story short, she was able to fill an old prescription that Kaiser wouldn't cover, but that my current insurance DOES cover, and a month of meds only cost $9.11.  The potential cost of my prescriptions on our new insurance has weighed heavily on my mind.  I can't express my relief and elation at today's good news at the pharmacy!

When Tyler came home, he immediately ran off to play with a neighbor friend.  Then the planets aligned and the Littles all napped at the same time.  I got to rest, too.

The family enjoyed amusing and interesting dinner conversation thanks to our Table Topics cards (Thanks, Holly!), and even though dinner included the usual messes, tears, and general mayhem, I was able to laugh about it.  Now that the kids are all in bed I don't have the nearly-dead feeling that usually possesses me around 4:00 p.m.  I feel light and happy and energetic.  It's pretty amazing.

I'm very grateful for the ray of sunshine that permeated the clouds over my head today. Very, very grateful.  God is good!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOT!

Kristy E.B. said...

So glad that others were put in your path to help your day go better. Love those seemingly simple, yet amazing answers to prayers!

Lars said...

Doubly blessed to recognize and return gratitude for prayers heard and answered.

kendra said...

Days like this ARE a blessing!

granny said...

So glad the blessings came so directly. Love you.

Shaina said...

God truly answers our prayers! Thanks for sharing!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share