Pages

Apr 13, 2011

When the kids do the dishes

I was on my way to bed tonight (at 7:05 p.m.) and stopped in the kitchen to get a drink of water.  Standing by the fridge, I noticed that the dishwasher was leaking.  Actually, it was foaming.  I mentioned this oddity to Garry, who opened the dishwasher and found this.


Ah...Zachary.

Garry fetched him from his bedroom.  Once confronted with the foaming dishwasher, Zach said that while finishing up his dish duties, he squirted Dawn in the bottom of the dishwasher "because the dishes were super dirty."  Well, this is what came of his little science experiment.


Of course Zach was tasked with clean-up.  First he tried fishing out the suds with a bowl, then with his hands, and then with a bathroom towel.  Eventually he got the whole mess cleaned up and Garry helped him re-load the dishwasher.  I was giggling and snapping pictures the whole time.


 



Earlier today I was trying to figure out something interesting to blog about.  Sometimes material just presents itself.

10 comments:

granny said...

Welp, I'll bet he won't make that mistake again. :)

The Wizzle said...

LOL! Yes, I imagine that lesson will last him his whole life. Good job, Mom! :)

Danielle said...

it would probably be wise, especially for you, to not WISH for interesting things to blog about. doesn't that come easily enough for you? ;)

J*a~{s}n°a said...

he looks like he's really enjoying it...I wouldn't be so sure he won't do that again :))

Grandma said...

Grandma Great did that once because she ran out of dishwasher soap so she thought she'd just use regular dishwashing detergent. She got the same result. It's a logical thought. Now we all know. Thanks Grandma and Zach for the lesson well taught.

Rob and Marseille said...

one of my roommates in college did this...

Gabrielle Davis said...

Marseille, I did this too. Over thanksgiving break last year... I will always remember my lesson!

Johnson Family said...

kudos on the follow through for this one. I might have been tempted to run to bed and pretend I didn't see ANYTHING!

rachbechep said...

omg. during first semester of college my crazy roommate did this...and she refused to clean it up! so i did. with a spoon...and even though i was super annoyed, i laughed with one of my roommates the whole time. i bet we looked silly. :)

Jenelle said...

Laughing out loud! I guess kiddo mischief doesn't end quite yet. Ha ha!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share